Our client, a leading manufacturer of construction materials is seeking a Director of
As part of the Merchandising Organization, Product Merchandising is responsible for
setting strategic product direction of construction materials, establishing and maintaining
product requirements and ensuring successful realization of product strategy across all
In this role, the individual will collaborate with talented teams from Sales, Logistics,
Purchasing, Sourcing and Product Management. New initiatives will focus on marketing
projects and advertising campaigns for new and existing construction materials
products. This is a great opportunity to define, manage and launch new products within
a disciplined product organization.
WHAT YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
Research the latest construction material trends and how they impact product direction
Gather input and requirements from the market and customers to further create a
Identify product opportunities
Define product scope, goals and deliverables
Be the leader in product/technology roadmaps
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required; Supply Chain Management or related field (i.e.,
10+ years of increasing responsibility in International sourcing along with cost
Experience with global sourcing of construction materials.
Experience in identifying target customers, overseeing market testing and product
introduction within the construction or related industry is a plus
Background using MRP, JIT and TQM process
Experience in warehouse management software and SAP (or similar ERP system)
Experience in gathering market intelligence a plus.
International experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience investigating construction industry trends.
• Strong interpersonal skills – able to motivate and drive others without direct authority
over those departments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to
communicate often complex ideas or solutions to a diverse audience.
• Ability to develop market and sales projections.
• Flexible team-player with the desire to ensure customer and company success in a
fast-paced, performance oriented environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) and Project
Management tools required.
• Experience with domestic cost containment initiatives preferred.
• This position requires International travel, to customer and non-customer sites.
Please send resume to
Ann E. Zaslow-Rethaber
International Search Consultants