McIntosh Search, Inc. - Dallas-Fort Worth
Our Dallas client has multiple immediate needs for a highly driven individual to join
their team as a Business Intelligence Developer. The Business Intelligence Developer
builds and maintains reporting infrastructure, reporting artifacts and objects, reporting
documentation, unit testing and performs other tasks as assigned across all company
lines of business.
This position may be assigned overall ownership of specific line of business products
and is a designated subject matter expert in assigned areas, typically responsible for
overall development activities for specific line of business products.
The daily activities for this position include the creation, debugging and customization
of company reporting products, detailed development and documentation of integration
services packages and reports and the creation and management of MDX cubes.
This position works primarily in designing and deploying data warehouse and analysis
services reports, SQL Server Analysis Services cubes, and the ownership and
management of customer-facing issues and incidents related to their areas of assigned
• Designs, builds and tests complex SSIS data transformation packages.
• Works with business analysts, project managers and developers to translate business
requirements to working technical specifications.
• Assists QA in creating and validating reporting artifacts and deliverables.
• Researches and resolves code defects of varying complexity.
• Writes and updates reporting infrastructure documentation, including the development
of technical documents pertaining to company reports, SSIS packages and client facing
• Maintains and updates all documentation related to assigned products.
• Develops test plans and test cases specific to reporting services products and works
with QA in debugging and testing reporting services products.
• Ensures that deployed reporting services products and deliveries are functionally and
• Understanding of relational and OLAP data modeling principles, design concepts and
patterns to be able to design relational and OLAP database objects in support of stated
deliverables requirements is required.
• Some experience building, implementing and testing complicated cube-based reports
is periodically required.
• Working knowledge of and ability to use source control.
• Excellent communication skills required both written and verbal.
• Ability to write vb.net code and create and modify simple .net projects.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
Required Experience / Skills
• A minimum of 5-7 years technical experience with SQL Server Reporting Services
(SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Integration Services
(SSIS); or an equivalent combination of education and work experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
• At least 12 months building and maintain moderately complex SQL Server OLAP
data marts. Requires an understanding of OLAP designs, practices and principles.
• A minimum of 24 months modeling and working with complex dimensional table
• Writing, debugging, maintaining, testing and documenting complex T- SQL queries.
• Knowledge of and ability to create, maintain and test SQL Server Analysis cubes is a
• Prior experience with Powerview and Performance Point Server.
• Prior experience with SharePoint
• Prior experience and ability writing, debugging, maintaining, testing and documenting
complex MDX queries is a plus.
• Prior experience creating data mart models, schemas, views and other database
• Prior experience executing unit and QA testing and writing test scripts and cases is
• Able to interpret and translate business requirements specifications into technical
• Prior experience writing complex, advanced SQL Server Integration Services
packages that perform multiple tasks, validations and transformations and that follow
prescribed workflows is required.
• Microsoft certified in Business Intelligence, MCTS or better strongly preferred.
• Client-facing experience required.
• Strong knowledge of the financial industry is a plus.
• Experience working with and developing relatively simple vb.net projects and code.
• Prior experience using quality assurance tools and processes to timely report
and resolve product bugs.
• Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills. Knowledge of statistical
concepts and their use of and application to reporting and datamart development
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems
or CIS preferred