Friday, August 22, 2014
EDI Business Consultant
HLP Solutions has partnered with a leading supplier of flooring industry
and is searching for a qualified candidate to fill an EDI Business
Consultant role. Our close knit team of dedicated professional has made us
the success we are today in exchange for their hard work, we support our
people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting
from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a
belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. The
ideal candidates will match the requirements below.
EDI Business Consultant Responsibilities:
The EDI Consultant analyzes business requirements and then develops tests
and implements EDI.
· Work together with internal application teams for determining
EDI message layouts of source or destination system
· Work together with the external partner on connectivity and
· Create development specifications for the BizTalk integration
· Assist in driving the business and other IS teams in a maximum
amount of reusability
· Follow up on status of different interfaces
· Ensure compliance with Application Development team strategy,
architectures, standards, best practices, methodology and processes.
· Make modifications to existing BizTalk solutions to
accommodate changes and defect resolution.
· Demonstrate an understanding of all elements required to
architect, design, build, test, and release for BizTalk environment and ESB
· Able to troubleshoot system problems and perform problem
· Ensure the SDLC process has been followed when promoting code
· Understand the business process for each EDI transaction
· Be the point person between the customer and developers
· Understanding of the Home Center / Big Box business is a plus
· Quickly understands the overall business strategy, to analyze the
business processes, and to develop technical solutions to support the
· Must be able to support production systems, respond to
emergencies in a timely manner, and provide management with status as
EDI Business Consultant Requirements:
· Thorough understanding of ANSI X12 850, 855, 856, 810 transactions
· Thorough understanding of SDLC methodology required
· Experience and working knowledge of industry "best practices"
related to EAI, SOA, messaging, BPM, BAM, and workflow.
· Interpersonal/Communication: articulate and capable of conveying
ideas clearly/concisely; sensitive to needs of the audience; ensures the
customer, as well as service areas within Technology & Systems are kept
informed of plans, status, and current problems/challenges.
· Understanding of XML and its uses
· MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist - BizTalk Server)
or equivalent experience is a plus.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
· 3+ years of experience in development or analysis of EDI
· 3+ years of experience using VAN, AS2, FTP, PGP & Secured
· Familiarity with iSeries, Oracle and/or SQL server is a plus
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal IT
resources, business customers, and vendor partners in a fast paced,
· Manufacturing background is a plus
· Background with Order Entry system (Logistics business systems)
· Background with AR systems (as well as the business processes)
· Knowledge of EDI processing with Home Depot, Menards, Lowes (Big
For immediate consideration contact Josh Graham at 972.638-5665 or email
or visit www.hlpsolutions.com