Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Application Support Developer
Excalibur or Bolo
Application Support/Developer- Excalibur or Bolo #7830
Dallas Employment Services is seeking an Application Support/Developer for
an Oil and Gas firm in Downtown Dallas. This position provides support,
designs, develops applications, and provides database administration that
enhance the capabilities of the client's Upstream Oil and Gas accounting,
production, D&C, AFE, and workflow system that runs on SQL Oracle and
· Communicate with support personnel, developers, and IT to assist in
resolving issues with software applications.
· Define, develop, and document applications business requirements,
objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project by project basis
on collaboration with internal users and clients.
· Define application development project plans, including scope, schedule,
· Write SQL scripts and develop scripts that ease the task of moving data
in or out of the databases.
· Monitor software and database performance on new and existing systems
for the purpose of isolating areas in need of improvement and for general
· Provide verbal and written project status reports.
· Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
· Train end-users to operate new or modified programs/systems.
· Research emerging applications, standards, databases in support of
procurement and development efforts.
· Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve the
reliability and performance of the system.
· Monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, capacity management,
provisioning, patching, upgrades and performance tuning.
· Administers multiple systems including regular and after-hours & weekend
support as needed.
· Composes clear and concise system documentation and reports.
· Must be motivated and able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
· 1 to 5 years of experience with .NET, Visual Basic, and SQL server
· Excalibur and/or Bolo experience is required. Oracle a plus!
· 1 to 5 years of experience working with Unidata and SQL databases
· Strong experience in troubleshooting and recommending corrective
· Experience administering backup operations and redundancy
Please or send resume and salary requirements to:
Dallas Employment Services