Corporate Communications Specialist
Oil & Gas Operating Company
Outstanding opportunity for a seasoned corporate communications
professional to join this very active and growing NYSE traded oil & gas
operating company. The position will be responsible for developing and
managing the corporate communications program including media relations,
advertising, employee communications and external communications. This
highly visible role offers an extremely competitive salary dependent on
experience, 20% annual target bonus, leading 401k and profit sharing plans,
comprehensive benefits and excellent career advancement opportunities.
· Develop and maintain company messaging on key issues and topics of
interest related to the company and its business practices.
· Research, write and edit materials necessary for effective media
relations including, news and feature press releases, message points,
editorials, letters to the editor, speeches, white papers and company
· Support the development of company presentations for executive
· Support the company spokesperson on a day-to-day basis and develop
messaging and interviews with various audiences.
· Manage the internal newsletter committee and assist in
indentifying key stories for the quarterly publication.
· Work wiht investor relations, community relations and other
corporate functions to develop plans to support the accurate distribution
of company information.
· Oversee media monitoring and dissemination of related useful
information within the organization.
· Maintain productive business relationships with members of the
trade, business and consumer media.
· Evaluate media inquiries and identify appropriate company
· Manage and update company website information and support the
development of a new company intranet.
· 7+ years corporate communications professional with experience in
the oil & gas industry.
· Bachelor's degree in communication or related field.
· Strong verbal, interpersonal, and creative problem-solving skills.
· Ability to effectively work both independently and within a group.
· Excellent organizational and project management skills.
This is an ASAP direct hire opportunity. For immediate consideration,
please email a detailed resume to Derek James,
For confidential discussion, phone 713-840-9922, ext. 217