Location: Foster City, CA - 94404
Duration: 6 months contract
- Must have skills
- Must have experience with Unix at the Systems Administration level (NOT only the user level).
- Targeting 8 years of experience with Unix.
- Also must have some familiarity with scripting, preferably 1 year or more.
- Nice to have skills
- Windows Active Directory experience at the systems administrator level would be nice to have.
- Roles and responsibilities
- This worker will be working on the remediation team - assisting with the remediation of platform or control security gaps.
- Preference on industry background or previous companies worked for?
- A payments background is nice, but not required at all.
- Open to all industries.
- Duration of assignment and possible extensions
- 6 month contract. Extension/conversion unknown at this time.
- Possible depending on budget and performance.
- Interview timeline and process
- Phone screen followed by on-site interview (M2 building).
- On-site interview will be 1-2 hours.
The main function of a data security administrator is to plan, coordinate, and implement security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure of information.
A typical data security administrator is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database.
An entry level data security administrator typically has an Associate’s degree or equivalent training with previous experience in programming.
As the levels progress, the years’ experience increase along with leadership expectations, with the introduction of a supervisory role at Level 4.
The technical skills, including the ability to test and coordinate modifications to a given system when needed, increase across levels, starting from basic at Level 1 to expert at Level 5.
- Associates degree in computer programming or relevant field required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience required in related field.
- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required).
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required).
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback (Required).
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware and software (Required).
- Strong knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology (Typically required).
- Strong knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations, agency rules and the democratic political process (Required).
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train staff and users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Review and approve plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Provide direction on when to update virus protection systems.
- Review and approve the implementation of computer system plans with establishment personnel and outside vendors.
- Supervise risk assessments and approve the execution of tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Approve the encryption of data transmissions and the building of firewalls to conceal confidential information.
Work: (508) 628-7587 | Fax: (508) 319-3303
"575 Market Street, Suite 3025, San Francisco, CA 94105”| www.talentburst.com