The Senior SIEM Engineer, Managed Services will be responsible for creation of procedures, implementation of processes and development of staff for managing and maintaining security systems across internal and client environments. Experience and knowledge of SIEM or Situational Awareness are essential. The Senior SIEM EngineerI will work closely with Management, Senior Engineers, Solution Architects, other SIEM Engineer III and clients to complete high profile, critical services to existing Managed Security Service clients. Serve as a primary responder for Managed Security customer systems, taking ownership of client configuration issues and tracking through resolution.
* Act as a point of escalation for other Engineers (Associate Engineer & Security Engineer) and provide guidance and mentoring.
* Assist with client transition and onboarding serve as primary point of contact for Managed Security Service clients.
* This will require documentation of Account Governance processes and responsibility for report generation and notification to senior leadership about potential client Service Level Agreement (SLA) issues.
* Explain and demonstrate how to use SIEM and Enterprise Security products to both technical and relatively non-technical personnel.
* Provide remote consulting services via interactive client sessions to assist with implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies.
* Implement and configure SIEM software and appliance-based products in large enterprise and Government environments.
* Develop and deploy SIEM content and reporting.
* Provide escalation support to Tier 1 and 2 for Authorized Support Customers, following processes and interacting appropriately with both customers and partners when required.
* Perform knowledge transfers and train clients regarding security and system configuration awareness.
* 3+ years professional experience managing and maintaining SIEM systems.
* 2 - 3 years professional experience working with networks and network architecture.
* 1+ year professional experience writing SIEM content.
* Prior experience in a technical team leadership role.
* College degree or equivalent training with experience working in a Security Operations Center, Managed Security, or client network environment.
* Advanced information security knowledge in one or more areas such as Enterprise end-point security products (i.e. McAfee e-Policy Orchestrator, Virus Scan, Anti-Spyware, Host Data Loss Protection, Endpoint Encryption, etc.) Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM), to include: NitroSecurity ArcSight Q1 Labs RSA Envision Network Firewall, Web Proxy, E-Mail and Web Gateway etc. to include: Palo Alto / Checkpoint / Juniper / McAfee / Cisco / Blue Coat / Imperva.
* Understanding of network architecture and implementation is a must; ideal candidate will have worked with network security analysis.
* Experience with content SIEM content creation and reporting.
* Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills.
* Superior IT problem-solving skills.
* Experience with Linux OS.
* MUST HAVE:
o Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide on call support when needed
o Demonstrated experience and success in a Managed Service client environment
o Valid Driver's License
o Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
o Ability to travel up to 10 percent of the time
* Experience working with Internal and client Ticketing and Knowledge Base Systems for Incident and Problem tracking as well as procedures. (i.e. Jira, Confluence, etc.).
* General security knowledge (GIAC, CISSP, CCSE, CISA, HBSS, NSA, CEH, Cisco Security, Security +, or other security certifications).
* Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
* An understanding of a wide array of server grade applications such as: DBMS, Exchange, DNS, SMTP, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, Active Directory, Identity Management, Patch Management, LDAP, SQL, and others.
* Experience with various SIEM security products such as: ArcSight, QRadar, Nitro, Splunk, LogRhythm and infrastructure components such as proxies, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP etc.
* CCNA, CCDA, CCSA, CCIE, CISSP, CEH, or MCSE.
* Prior consulting experience
* Technical Knowledge: Ability to learn and quickly become proficient with a vast number of technologies, providing both support and phone based consulting services in a professional and authoritative manner
* Written Documentation Skills: Writing documentation for all service phases including completion of internal reports, client deliverables, and internal inputs to proposals when required.
* Consultative Approach: Able to determine client needs, establish rapport, and represent the "source of truth" for the client.
* Technology Evangelizer: Proactively researches and assesses security technology; explores new innovations; early tester of new and emerging technologies.
* Client Management: Ability to set and manage client expectations within the parameters of the SOW.
* Analytical Proficiency: Ability to analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
* Effective Communication: Uses advanced verbal and non-verbal methods of communication to influence customers and colleagues.
* Entrepreneurial: Recognizes and pursues opportunities, target markets, and go-to-market strategies to develop business
* Process Improvement: Able to identify and recommend improvements in Accuvant's methodology and internal processes. Ability to provide input and support for updating consulting tools and techniques.
* Professional / Industry Networking: Utilizes professional contacts within and outside of the organization
* Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates the qualities of being ethical, forthright, and trustworthy
* Quality: Champions quality in daily role
* Manages Ambiguity: Able to work in an environment where the structure and direction may be unclear or changing
* Conflict Management: Able to prevent and manage conflict; create win-win situations
* Promotes Teamwork: Builds collaboration among team members by sharing information and resources
* Organizational Fit
* Self-Awareness: Able to identify personal strengths and weaknesses and engage in self-directed growth