Client: Gilead Sciences
Location: Foster City, CA
Target Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6+ months
# of positions: 1
Key skills needed:
- This is not a hardware Network Security job. This is an Information Security job.
- Experience with intrusion detection and prevention.
- Experience tuning SIEM.
- Security certification like CISSP would be a big plus.
- They will hire by phone and Skype if the person is not local. But they have to work onsite in Foster City if selected.
REQUIRED SKILLS & JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Network security monitoring experience; tuning IDS/IPS, SIEM. (intrusion detection; intrusion prevention)
- Lead role in a security operations or incident response team
- Forensic or malware analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION:
- BS degree in computer science other related field or 5+ years in information security is preferred.
- Information Security Certification (CISSP, GSEC, etc) or other related security certification is highly desired.
- The IT Security Engineer is a key member of the Information Security and Privacy team with primary responsibility for IT Security incident response in a global environment. A successful candidate will articulate technical security requirements, monitor the effectiveness of the existing IT security controls framework, and raise the level of security awareness and policy compliance among workforce members.
- As part of the computer incident response team, the Analyst will lead/assist other team members for cyber security event monitoring and incident response. Daily responsibilities will include security and threat analysis, remediation recommendations, escalation to external teams, and tracking the event to closure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Technical leadership for cyber security incident response; including event correlation, malware/threat analysis, and incident management
- Cyber security threat and vulnerability analysis.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and organizational skills in a globally distributed team working closely with cross-functional groups
- On call rotation for after-hours support.
Team Lead - Talent Acquisition
48531 Warm Springs Blvd, Suite 406, Fremont, CA 94539
Direct: 510-270-0600 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org