Udemy is an online marketplace where anyone in the world can take or teach a course on virtually anything, whenever and wherever they want. Our mission is to empower on-demand learning that’s accessible to all by offering instruction in a way that’s affordable, simple, and flexible, so individuals can fulfill their limitless potential on their own terms.
Our more than 9 million students can gain skills to launch a new career, advance in their current field, or try something new for their own personal development by choosing from more than 35,000 courses in 80+ languages. Our more than 19,000 instructors are passionate experts who want to share their knowledge with a broad audience. Udemy also works with companies to help them develop more effective and engaging skills-based training for their employees.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and funded by Stripes Group, Norwest Venture Partners, Insight Venture Partners, Lightbank, MHS Capital, Learn Capital, and 500 Startups, among others. Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood and has offices in Dublin, Ireland, and Ankara, Turkey. Compensation includes full time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits (including healthcare, commuter benefits and an unlimited vacation policy).
- Work closely with all our internal development teams to ensure we build in security from day one and follow best practices.
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services including project leadership roles
- Develop and interpret security standards, policies, and procedures
- Lead information security compliance efforts (e.g. SOC 2)
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- Evangelize security within the company and be an advocate for partner/customer trust
- Perform vulnerability assessments and resolve security issues from assessments and other sources
- Interact with engineering teams to educate on secure coding techniques and innovative attack mitigations
- 3+ years of experience in infrastructure and application-level vulnerability testing and auditing
- 3+ years of system, network and/or web application security experience
- 2+ years of experience with programming using Python, Ruby, PHP or equivalent
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Strong knowledge of web networking standards such as HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, and SSL.
- Ideally you will have a solid development background and have progressed to be a security expert.