Job Role: Information Security Analyst at T-Mobile
Location: Bellevue, WA
Duration: 12 + Months contract with a high possibility of extension/conversion based on performance.
Security analysts use a variety of databases, software applications, and other intelligence research tools to identify, assimilate, examine, interpret, and evaluate all-source information/intelligence to determine the nature, function, interrelationships, personalities, capabilities, and intent regarding the capabilities and focus of cyber threat actors.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, and results focus.
• Monitor and analyze network traffic to establish accepted baselines and identify anomylis activity.
• Develop and deliver network traffic profiles for distribution to the security operations teams.
• Validate information/data, identify threat concerns and address them through established escalation processes
• Collects, organizes, analyzes, interprets, and summarizes network traffic and develop reports to provide actionable remediation plan
• Display critical thinking in the creation of narrative reports, presentations, visual mapping and link charts or similar diagrams to report analytical assessments
• Possess strong technical security skills with hands-on experience, particularly in network packet capture and analysis.
• Must have a strong understanding of sophisticated cyber-attacks, hacking techniques and associated defensive techniques
• Interact and assist other teams on time-sensitive, network investigations
• Strong oral and written communication skills, able to communicate with senior Technology and Business management
• Strong team player with the ability to build relationships from both a business and technical point of view
• Coding (scripting) experience e.g. Perl, VB Script, Python etc.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks to complete independently and within time frame established
• Minimum 4 years of experience in info security traffic analysis, network capture, and threat intelligence or related field • Strong knowledge of multiple technical security subject areas • Knowledge of critical security elements, threats, vulnerabilities, and safeguards • Knowledge of information security policies and regulatory controls (per team function) • Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate internally, upward, and cross functionally; ability to interface with cross-functional team members to gain support required to accomplish assignments; able to build coalitions • Always act with tact and integrity, and interface with a variety of individuals in a positive and productive manner • Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills • Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks to complete independently; Ability to work under pressure and meet tight timelines
The must haves are in the description. Most relevant is understand network traffic flows and flow analysis. Data analytics is needed for analysis work. The must haves are in the description. Most relevant is understand network traffic flows and flow analysis. Data analytics is needed for analysis work.