Assistant Front Office Manager
Magnolia Hotel - Dallas
Hotel Association of North Texas - Dallas
Magnolia Hotel in Downtown Dallas is seeking an Assistant Front Office
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Front Office manager
position include but are not limited to:
1. Assist Front Office Management in the daily supervision of front office
staff, including guest service delivery and administrative efficiency.
2. Manage front office in the absence of the Front Office Management to
ensure that proper guest service is provided.
3. Keep the FOM/DO aware of all front office situations that occurred
during the shift through verbal communication, e-mail or log book.
4. Assist in the training new front office staff and assist in providing
on-going training to front office staff.
5. Assist in monitoring cash flow and credit operations of the desk while
maintaining accuracy in account handling, reconciling any discrepancies and
PCI guidelines compliance.
6. Maintain strict key control as well as guest security and
7. Perform Front Desk Agent/Supervisor duties and responsibilities as per
8. Maintain room inventory by keeping abreast of all revenue lost through
out-of-order rooms, and/or maintenance problems. Resolve such problems in a
timely basis with Maintenance, Housekeeping and if necessary Accounting.
9. Be knowledgeable regarding front office and hotel emergency procedures
and appropriate actions to take for such emergency situations.
10. Use a sense of discretion and professionalism when handling guest
complaints, make adjustments on accounts when warranted.
11. Advocate the training and application of the Magnolia Brand Guest
Service Standards among the Hotel staff
12. Be the Hotel standard bearer for professionalism, appearance, service,
and success to the Hotel staff.
13. Conduct all other duties, responsibilities, actions and activities that
are inherent in an Assistant Front Office Manager position, and required
duties as expressed in the FOM position description.
14. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager, Director of Operations
The desired qualifications of the Assistant Front Office position include
but are not limited to:
1. Previous FD supervisory experience in an full service hotel or resort
Assistant Front Office Manager Position Description
2. Ability to train, mentor and monitor new employees.
3. Experience with Microsoft Office software and computerized front office
4. Cash handling and credit card processing experience.
5. Ability to balance accounts at end of shift.
6. Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with a broad
cross-section of guests.
7. Ability to maintain guest confidentiality and security.
Magnolia Hotel - Dallas
1401 Commerce Street