Friday, September 5, 2014
Critical Service Manager
We are looking to fill a Critical Service Manager within Operations Support
The main responsibilities are listed below!
Critical Service Manager job opportunity in Irving responsibilities include:
* With limited direction, the Critical Service Manager provide proactive
and comprehensive support to Command Center Operations clients and
* Critical Service Manager will provide analytical services, review and
address actions and initiatives to improve client system availability,
monitoring capabilities, system batch performance, system uptime, and
address Command Center interaction concerns.
* While building a collaborative environment of change the Critical
Services Manager will coordinate client and stakeholder interactions, with
Global Command Center Operations Global Batch Management Services, Tools
and Automation, Service Monitoring and Level 1 Technical Support, and
Service Management teams.
* Identify and implement Service Quality improvement opportunities and
initiatives to implement global best practices and recommend alternatives
to the Global Command Center Efficiency Manager for analysis.
Supports the day-to-day operations through technology infrastructure
services. We are working to offer an ever-increasing level of service and
innovative technology solutions to our business partners and end-users. The
global organization consisting of Command Center Operations (CCO), Global
Data Center Operations (GDCO), Global Technology Operations (GTO), Global
Information Technology Service Management, and regionally aligned
technology infrastructure teams in North America, Latin America, EMEA
(Europe, Middle East, Africa), and Asia Pacific. Also has business aligned
technology infrastructure and services management organizations for
critical large clients including ICG (Institutional Client Group), GCG
(Global Consumer Group), and CTO (Corporate).
The Global Command Center Operations (GCCO) team provides 24x7x365 Global
Service Monitoring, Infrastructure Operations, Incident Management,
Automation & Tools, Batch Management, Business Management, Control & Risk,
and Service Management. The CCO is a global support model with Command
Centers in Irving, Texas, Singapore, and Warsaw, Poland. Each center
provides Continuity of business enabling the efficient transfer of
operations in the event of an emergency.
The CCO operates with a highly sophisticated and integrated tool set which
includes full integration between applications which provide Incident
Recording, Asset Management, Event Management, Performance Management,
Configuration Management, Change Management, and Incident Notification.
The CCO Critical Services Management team provides weekly, monthly and
quarterly reporting and interaction services with Global Business Sector
Relationship Management teams. The Service Management team uses globally
standard processes, tools and best practices to improve service quality for
GCCO. The Critical Services Manager is a business sector (ICG, GCG, CTO)
regionally aligned (North America, Latin America, EMEA, Asia Pacific)
subject matter expert (SME) who provides expert level interaction and
support for regional Business Relationship and Service Managers within
their supported region.
Reporting directly to the Global Service Management Critical Services
Manager, the Critical Service Manager will have accountability for business
aligned (GCG, ICG, Corporate/Retail, LATAM) relationship functions and will
drive pro-active communications with our business clients, while
interfacing with the Global Command Center operational teams, to the
required levels of resilience and the appropriate risk profile. The
Critical Services Manager will be required to support Infrastructure
Planning, Infrastructure Portfolio Management, Service Management,
Resiliency Assessments, Risk Assessments, and Commercial Management to
achieve and maintain the required levels of resilience and mature
operational processes to deliver & sustain world class service performance
Areas of focus will include, but not limited to the following:
* Partner with the GCC Management team to provide leadership to a team of
100+ technology operations personnel globally, to ensure operations staff
is delivering a high level of service for all technology domains outside of
the core GCC space.
* Act as a GCC escalation point for service issues including direct
interaction with senior/executive management as required by the business
* Foster innovation. Work with SMEs, Service Delivery Managers(SDM), and
Engineering colleagues to ensure GCCO support services stay ahead of the
Major Incident Support:
* Represent incidents on Major Problem Review calls and Business Review
* Join major regionally aligned incident calls to ensure GCC has all
resources needed to restore service quickly
* Review major incidents and identify process improvements
* Act as primary GCC point of contact for businesses within respective
regions when service quality concerns arise
* Accept escalation from customers for past and present outages, to assist
in GCC engagement and/or provide insight into root cause and remediation
* Accept escalation from GCC technical staff that are having difficulties
with business units.
* Notify business units and associated support teams of major incidents or
changes as appropriate.
* Develop strong business relationships to help coordinate and resolve
major support incidents.
* Ability to leverage business acumen, cultural knowledge, and language
skills to provide excellent customer service to each country based on their
language and cultural background.
* Travel, as required from time to time, to different regions to meet face
to face with crucial business partners
* Alert the GCC of critical business changes
* Provide GCC senior management updates in Multiple staff meetings
* Act as a tour guide when critical business partners visit our facilities
* Represent the GCC on business/CTI calls concerning the overall business
* Maintain contacts with major business stakeholders to foster and maintain
cooperation required for critical initiatives
Continuous Service Improvement:
* Meet with external organizations to ensure they are satisfied with GCC
* Recommend service improvements to enhance the customer experience
* Create presentations that contain CCO performance and coordinate with
* Education and Training: Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science,
or related discipline required. Master's degree preferred.
* Experience: 10-15 years managing complex IT initiatives in a matrix
environment or Operational Line Managers experience is preferred. Technical
expertise on one or more of the following disciplines is required: Open
Systems, Mainframe, Storage, Network, Web/Application/Middleware services,
Problem/Incident Management, or Application Development.
* Specialized Knowledge, broad technical knowledge base requirements:
Familiarity with the following technologies: MVS, UNIX, Windows, storage
environments (Tape, SAN, NAS), network solutions (LAN, WAN, 3rd party
connections, dedicated circuits), web/application/middleware services, and
business applications (COTS and/or internally developed).
* Above average and exceptional written and oral communication skills.
* Multi-lingual skills preferred.
If you are interested in this or other Operations Support Manager job
opportunities in Irving available through Modis, please send your resume to