Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Critical Services Manager
Global Command Center Operations
LONG TERM CONTRACT WITH DIRECT FORTUNE 500 CLIENT
NO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES PLEASE.
We have a great relationship with the hiring manager and they are looking
to fill this role immediately. This job is going to be moving quickly.
* With limited direction, the Critical Service Manager provide proactive
and comprehensive support to Command Center Operations clients and
* Critical Service Manager will provide analytical services, review and
address actions and initiatives to improve client system availability,
monitoring capabilities, system batch performance, system uptime, and
address Command Center interaction concerns.
* While building a collaborative environment of change the Critical
Services Manager will coordinate client and stakeholder interactions, with
Global Command Center Operations Global Batch Management Services, Tools
and Automation, Service Monitoring and Level 1 Technical Support, and
Service Management teams.
* Identify and implement Service Quality improvement opportunities and
initiatives to implement global best practices and recommend alternatives
to the Global Command Center Efficiency Manager for analysis.
* Partner with the GCC Management team to provide leadership to a team of
100+ technology operations personnel globally, to ensure operations staff
is delivering a high level of service for all technology domains outside of
the core GCC space.
* Act as a GCC escalation point for service issues including direct
interaction with senior/executive management as required by the business
* Foster innovation. Work with SMEs, Service Delivery Managers(SDM), and
Engineering colleagues to ensure GCCO support services stay ahead of the
Major Incident Support:
* Represent incidents on Major Problem Review calls and Business Review
* Join major regionally aligned incident calls to ensure GCC has all
resources needed to restore service quickly
* Review major incidents and identify process improvements
* Act as primary GCC point of contact for businesses within respective
regions when service quality concerns arise
* Accept escalations from customers for past and present outages, to assist
in GCC engagement and/or provide insight into root cause and remediation
* Accept escalations from GCC technical staff that are having difficulties
with business units.
* Notify business units and associated support teams of major incidents or
changes as appropriate.
* Develop strong business relationships to help coordinate and resolve
major support incidents.
* Ability to leverage business acumen, cultural knowledge, and language
skills to provide excellent customer service to each country based on their
language and cultural background.
* Travel, as required from time to time, to different regions to meet face
to face with crucial business partners
* Alert the GCC of critical business changes
* Provide GCC senior management updates in Multiple staff meetings
* Act as a tour guide when critical business partners visit our facilities
* Represent the GCC on business/CTI calls concerning the overall business
* Maintain contacts with major business stakeholders to foster and maintain
cooperation required for critical initiatives
Continuous Service Improvement:
* Meet with external organizations to ensure they are satisfied with GCC
* Recommend service improvements to enhance the customer experience
* Create presentations that contain CCO performance and coordinate with
* Education and Training: Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science,
or related discipline required. Master's degree preferred.
* Experience: 10-15 years managing complex IT initiatives in a matrix
environment or Operational Line Managers experience is preferred. Technical
expertise on one or more of the following disciplines is required: Open
Systems, Mainframe, Storage, Network, Web/Application/Middleware services,
Problem/Incident Management, or Application Development.
* Specialized Knowledge, broad technical knowledge base requirements:
Familiarity with the following technologies: MVS, UNIX, Windows, storage
environments (Tape, SAN, NAS), network solutions (LAN, WAN, 3rd party
connections, dedicated circuits), web/application/middleware services, and
business applications (COTS and/or internally developed).
* Above average and exceptional written and oral communication skills.
* Multi-lingual skills preferred.
Contact # (734) 213-4905 with JOB # T61969 mentioned in the subject line
of your email.