Damand Planner Analyst
Job Type Sales
Education 4 Year Degree
Experience 5 years
Petmate, a leading manufacturer and distributor of quality pet products, is
currently seeking an experienced Sales Planning Analyst to join the team at
our new Corporate Headquarters, located in the heart of Arlington Sports
and Entertainment complex at SH-360 and I-30.
This position will participate and support in monthly forecast and demand
planning. This individual will propose and defend forecast recommendations
and challenge forecast inputs through refined analytical problem solving,
quantitative models, qualitative analysis and effective communications.
This includes obtaining available information from Customers, Oracle ERP,
Logility Forecast and Sales Rep/Account Managers.
This role requires strong attention to detail, organization skills, and the
ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment. It will also focus
on the inventory side of the business dealing with lead times, back orders,
canceled orders and new product launches or product promotions. This
position may assist/support in the management of inventory levels to
maximize customer service (fill rates) and inventory turns, thus supporting
the management of excess and obsolete inventory to minimize negative
They will perform data gathering, reporting and analysis on various sales
metrics across all lines of business to continue to grow our understanding
of the market and our unique distribution channels. Partner with Sales and
Financial leadership to help meet company goals.
1. As part of the forecasting responsibility, use historical dates, sales
trends, inventory, and promotional programs to accurately project sales
2. Develop item level demand forecast ensuring the final forecast meets
3. Adjust forecast levels to manage demand, mitigating lead time problems
that would result in low in-stocks, backorders or excessive inventories.
4. Be prepared to effectively provide upper management with analytical
findings and critical information needed to make fact-based decisions.
5. Be able to challenge the sales reps/account managers and product
category managers with strong analytic on the forecast as well as propose
corrective actions, where and if necessary.
6. Prepared to lead the cross functional team consisting of Sales, Finance
and Operations to produce an unbiased "One Number Forecast"
7. Perform ad-hoc analysis using systems that turn business knowledge,
trends or anomalies into forecasting adjustments and gaps.
8. Communicate changes to operations assessing and advising if immediate
action is required.
9. Facilitate monthly sales forecast review with key account managers.
10. Track forecast accuracy and adjust forecast as required.
11. Prepare data and reporting information for monthly sales and operations
12. Develop new query tools to analyze date to improve forecast accuracy.
13. Review order "Spikes" and take action to ensure adnomal sales orders do
not adversely affect existing customers.
14. Facilitate development and tracking of key performance indicators.
15. Participate in annual budget process.
OTHER DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
1. Help/assist in the resolution of customer/materials issues and supply
chain with Sales, Operations and Product Development
If you have the experience we're seeking, please submit your resume, in
or fax it to 817-472-6234