Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Director of Sales Transportation
Transportation/Supply Chain Leader
Director of Sales - Customized Transportation Solutions
Our client, a leading company specializing in customized transportation
solutions, is looking for a senior sales executive to fill this newly
created role due to growth. You will be accountable to identify and
initiate business development efforts focused on developing and securing
revenue and market share from new and existing customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Generating sales leads by networking, cold-calling prospects and building
* Actively participate in the business development efforts, spearheading
business development initiatives that are consistent with the company's
* Management of required resources to support securing, developing and
managing the business.
* Execute a business development plan that will lead to the successful
signing of new business and more importantly assist in closing existing
business in the pipeline.
* Work corroboratively with management to develop business strategies that
are consistent with local needs to maximize margins and increase revenue
growth and close business.
* Respond to Requests for Proposals (RFP's) and ensure the delivery of
professional proposals and presentations.
* Work with the operational staff to ensure customers' needs and
expectations are met.
* Continually improve knowledge of the Company's products and services, and
follow the changes in the industry to develop new solutions.
IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THIS ROLE MY CLIENT IS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS
SOLD CUSTOMIZED TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS IN A NON ASSEST ENVIRONMENT.
VERY SOLUTIONS DRIVEN
CONSULTATIVE SALES PROCESS
High-Tech, Medical Device, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, CPG, Retail to name a
Customized transportation solutions,project cargo, oversized, value add,
solutions driven, consultative. 3PL, 4PL, assembly/kitting, assembly, high
value, time sensitive, all modes of transportation - domestic/international
The ability to generate new business opportunities
* Bachelor's degree in business, logistics or related experience.
* Must have experience within the transportation industry preferably all
modes of transportation ideally customized, value add and solutions driven
this is NOT A TRANSACTIONAL sales process leading with price.
* Minimum 5 years successful and stable track record in consultative sales
experience and closing transportation deals
* Knowledge of market and ability to generate new business and close
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* You must have a consultative sales approach and strong negotiating skills.
* Previous experience selling all modes of transportation solutions in a
very consultative sales approach.
Identify company needs and provide solutions.
* Must be a strong hunter who can identify and connect with the right
individual in the company.
* Reacts well under pressure, upholds organizational values and treats
people with respect.
* Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
* Technically savvy and very good problem solving skills.
* Uncover problems/needs of clients and develop a solution.
* Ability to develop strong long term customer relationships.
* Familiar working with longer sales cycles.
Excellent room for growth potential
Please email your resume
Attn: Joanne Robinson