Wednesday, September 10, 2014
IT Development Manager
We are a premier financial services company. We are large enough to matter
and small enough where you can make a difference. We are looking for an
experienced IT Manager to lead a team of Developers in the development and
support of company platforms and projects.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work together with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers,
Architects, System Administrators and Analysts to clarify requirements,
overcome project obstacles and use authority and resources to reach
- Manage a team of Developers through mentoring, managing direct reports'
PTO, creating performance goals and reviews, disciplinary actions and
evaluation of skills to determine areas of weakness and strengths
- Facilitates the completion of "normal" projects using Developers, adjusts
work priorities for developers against current business priorities,
coordinate technical resources amongst different work silos to complete
- Work with the AVP of QA to iterate project development through the build,
test and fix cycles.
- Determines code refactor priorities
- Stages project changes for release with the Assistant Development Manager
- Manages the postmortem process when a critical failure happens in
production due to implemented code
- Manager the number of available resources for the build vs. projects
- Assist in interviewing and hiring developers
What You Need for this Position
- 7+ years on hands-on IT development experience
- 7+ years of IT management experience
- 5+ years developing web applications and/or developing services for
Service Oriented Architecture
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent area preferred.
- Must possess excellent management and written/verbal communication skills
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Exhibit strong problem-solving skills and communicate decisions
- Must be able to lead by example, motivate people and manage change.
- Handle multiple projects and deadlines effectively and efficiently.
- Confidence and ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the
organization and a variety of audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Iterate project development
- determine code refactor priorities
- managing development resources
- hiring and interviewing
- team building
What's In It for You
For your hard work you will be rewarded with a competitive salary ($100K -
$120K) and a comprehensive benefits package that includes Paid Time Off,
Vision, Prescription, Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with company
match, Growth and opportunities for advancement and more. You'll also be
working with some great colleagues in a progressive environment.
This is a key position and we are ready to hire.
RE1-1160828 -- in the email subject line
Roy Evans | Executive Recruiter