Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, we are a prestigious Food Product
manufacturing and distribution company. We are currently looking for a
Material Planner to join our Planning Department at our Fort Worth
Our ideal candidate will plan and manage the materials replenishment
process for assigned items or supply categories. This role reports to the
Supply Chain Manager and provides leadership for the planning and execution
of planning material to attain company metrics like inventory levels and
customer fill rate. This role will typically analyze changing material
demand patterns, interface with vendors, and oversee and improve vendor
performance. This position will be responsible for analyzing DSFM generated
forecasts for reasonableness and accuracy, as well as managing the
introduction of new products, engineering changes and customer conversions.
Position will manage vendor purchase order changes, process customer order
enquiries, schedule changes and cancellations, and determine, research and
correct material inventory discrepancy causes.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
* Excellent compensation
* Medical & Dental Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Vision Care Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* 401(k) with company match
* Cafeteria Plan for pre-tax health care and dependent care
* Add-on Benefit options available
* Ongoing Training
* Freeway close
* Fun and friendly team
* We promote from within and believe in career growth planning
* Other cool perks
What You Will Be Doing
* Daily review all MRP exception messages.
* Ensure all required purchase orders are released, canceled, expedited,
modified according the exception messages.
* Communicate changes of the material replenishment plan to production
planners and other functional groups.
* Primary supplier contact for all day to day purchase order issues for all
assigned items or supply category including the communication and
escalation of issues and supplier performance to other functional groups.
* Monitor and ensure planning strategy and goals are executed. Lead and
provide support on the disposition of slow moving and obsolete materials.
Ensure vendor returns are processed on time. Analyze data to provide root
cause analysis and report on key performance metrics.
* Monitor and plan new material items as assigned.
* Ensure purchase orders are released and item attribute data is entered
accurately in JDE.
* Provide planning related information to other functional areas during the
new product introduction process.
* Monitor and communicate any data integrity issues.
* Ensure all required parameters are set in JDE for assigned items or
What You Need for this Position
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of purchasing experience.
* CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager), CSCP (Certified Supply Chain
Professional) or CPIM (Certified Production Inventory Management)
certification preferred. Relevant JDE experience highly preferred.
* Proficient with MS Office.
* Knowledge of material planning procedures, requisitions, purchase orders,
and planning terminology.
* Analytical problem solving capability, strong organization skills, and
ability to manage change effectively.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
* General supply chain knowledge including planning and inventory
* CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification.
* CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) certification.
* CPIM (Certified Production Inventory Management) certification.
* Relevant JDE experience highly preferred.
So, if you have 5+ years' proven experience as a Material Planner, CPM,
CSCP and/or CPIM certification and hands-on experience with JD Edwards
please, apply today!
$60,000 - $70,000
RP1-MATPLANFTWTX -- in the email subject line
Reggie Panis | Executive Recruiter