Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Medical Collections Specialist
Irving Coppell Surgical Hospital
Baylor Surgical Hospital of Las Colinas is a Joint Commission accredited
with 7 OR's, 12 inpatient surgical beds and Emergency Room and Imaging
The Collections Specialist is an integral part of the patient care process,
by having direct communication with patients for communication regarding
outstanding balances. Utilizing an Aging Report in conjunction with the
information from the insurance carriers claim processing, they are able to
articulate the why there is an additional balance on an account. They must
have an extensive interpretation of managed care contracts, to include
HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, Workers Compensation, etc.
This individual assists in other areas of business office operations where
needed, and reports directly to the Business Office Manager. They will work
closely with patients, family members, and physician's office and their
United Surgical Partners International is a company that specializes in the
development and operation of Surgical Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgical
Facilities in the U.S. and the UK. We provide first-class surgical services
for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets.
* In conjunction with other members of the business office team,
responsible for collections efforts for self-payment accounts, with the
ability to explain an account balance through ledger interpretation
regarding patient out of pocket amounts.
* Ensure financial information is fully explained and understood by patient.
* Assists with appropriate payment plan options to include setting up
monthly payment plans, Charity Care application determination and
completion per facility protocols, and other payment options.
* Liaison between hospital and insurance carriers to the patients, family,
surgeon, and staff to coordinate care and services during patient care.
* Participates in the development of best practices or protocols within
scope of duties.
* Accountable for on-going work submitted.
* Other duties that may be assigned as needed.
Please fax or send resume to 972-868-4071 or