Sunday, September 7, 2014
Parker + Lynch has a Payroll Manager job in Dallas. The client is looking
for someone who has a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years' of
high volume multi state payroll experience. You will manage a department of
50 including payroll processing, payroll tax and accounting. We are seeking
someone who is proficient with Excel and has strong communications and
Responsibilities for the Payroll Manager job:
* Ensure accuracy of various weekly payroll cycles.
* Monitor the payroll tax area to ensure timely production of tax returns
and daily funding to avoid penalties.
* Serve as an escalation liaison with HR, Market Managers, Field
Consultants, Store Managers and Franchisees
* Partner with human resources on all matters involving employees'
compensation, benefit and disability payments.
* Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits including 401K.
* Approve weekly check requests for various benefit providers and payroll
* Participate in IT projects involving payroll.
* Manage the relationships with payroll 3rd party providers
* Maximize recovery audit possibilities.
* Ensure proper procedures are followed and that the payroll teams are
compliant with SOX controls, internal audit processes, and payroll laws.
Keep all documentation up to date at all times for SOX and payroll
* Reviews/Approves weekly and off cycle payroll reports to verify the
proper documentation has been received.
* Oversee the annual production of W-2's and year end activities.
* Evaluate, develop and enforce the use of audit tools which support the
* Perform quarterly audits and present feedback to various business
* Prepare audit of user rights ensuing proper segregation of duties exists.
* Puts processes in place to monitor compliance in all areas including tax,
wage and hour laws, policies and procedures.
* Bachelor Degree; CPP certification desired
* Minimum of five years of high volume multi state payroll experience is
* Oracle experience preferred.
* High volume in house payroll is preferred.
* Multi state payroll tax is required.
* Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills.
* Oracle experience required
* Experience managing high volume and multi state payroll department with
an understanding of wage and hour laws, and W-2 requirements.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products: (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* SQL query tool experience needed.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
* Account reconciliation experience is required.
* Excellent leadership skills are required with prior experience in leading
a successful team.
If you meet the requirements for this Payroll Manager in Dallas, please
email your resume to: