Tuesday, September 2, 2014
FPC of Dallas
2 Direct Reports
Must have manufacturing experience
$90K plus 14% bonus
Self Starter. hands-on relationship builder with internal clients in
Reports To: Director, Supply Chain Location: Dallas
Essential Support Team: Value Stream Managers, Maintenance, Finance,
Distribution, Transportation, Customer Service Position Data: Full time
Purpose of Role / Organizational Unit:
The role of the Sourcing Procurement Manager is to ensure the sourcing
organization is focused on achieving the best possible price with the best
possible quality; service and delivery among all categories of spend. In
addition, maintains close alignment with functional areas to support
overall business strategies while maintaining required customer service
levels; working within the capital constraints of the financial plan. In
addition, this position is responsible for identifying sourcing and
procurement process improvements.
Specifically, the Sourcing/Procurement Manager is responsible for strategic
sourcing as well as tactical execution to meet departmental, product and
functional group goals and objectives. This position will be able to
support the other team members on the functionality and sourcing process
The role is responsible for delivery and maintenance of operational metrics
of cost, quality, delivery, new product development and working capital, in
alignment with customer service levels within the constraints of the
financial plan. He/she will be responsible for implementing supplier /
sourcing strategy and developing and maintaining supplier relationships
within core commodities and MRO. They will actively develop the supply
base; evaluating cost and capability of existing supply base and potential
partners, mitigate risk, and harness supplier innovation.
Essential Duties of Procurement Manager: % of Time
* Participate in business planning sessions to thoroughly understand
business requirements and sourcing support needs. Ensure sourcing strategy
incorporates business requirements
* Inform, develop and understand the category's strategy to be executed.
* Support all aspects of category's efforts (across the sourcing
lifecycle), e.g., gather data, provide requirements, support baselining,
lead and participate in supplier selection and negotiations
* Work with buyer/planners and finance to ensure appropriate data is being
gathered, reported and analyzed in support of category efforts; ensure
category baseline accuracy and management.
* Develop and execute plant materials and services strategies aligned with
* Assist business with determining and managing requirements - provide
insight into alternative options to better control demand.
* Manage designated supplier relationships
* Ensure implementation of category strategy - work with buyer/planners to
understand implementation challenges - elevate issues to senior management
and help develop solutions to increase compliance.
* Manage designated supplier relationships.
* Maintain procurement system configuration and parameters; recommend &
implement improvements to system; assist and validate design capabilities
to meet process requirements.
* Coordinate purchase plans with internal and external manufacturing
resources to ensure proper product mix and desired inventory levels.
* Fine tune procurement parameters for continuous improvement
* Monitor supplier quality, cost, fill rate, inventory balances, working
capital reports and respond to out-of-tolerance conditions.
* Develop Standard Operating Procedures to stabilize processes and
establishes ownership for future reference and training opportunities.
* Ensure all sourcing projects are completed on time, on budget, and
complements the supply chain.
* Manage supplier risk, identify and mitigate risk potential.
* Ensure Buyer/Planners adhere to sourcing agreements, policies and
* Act as internal consultant, providing guidance on complex projects.
Define systems solutions to achieve business goals. Serve as a catalyst for
resolving business problems through information systems.
* Understand how the Sourcing/Procurement Manager role impacts the
department and the organization and make system configuration
recommendations to improve processes based on this understanding.
* Demonstrate accountability for all work activities and initiate
opportunities to take actions to improve a situation without waiting for
* Provide coaching, process changes, and continuous improvement feedback to
other team members as applicable.
* Provide guidance and direction to Buyer/Planners to ensure that policies
and procedures are adhered to and initiate corrective action if necessary.
* Educate and train new and existing team members as related to role.
* Project a professional image at all times.
Business Acumen 20%
* Understand Sourcing/Procurement life cycle and underlying business
* Participate in professional business associations and approved
conferences related to area of responsibility in order to stay abreast of
industry trends (American Society of Engineers, American Society of
Quality, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, APICS, ISM).
* Pursue necessary training and educational opportunities to improve
professional understanding of role.
Educational / Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Logistics
* 5+ years' experience in Sourcing/Procurement
* 5+ years' experience in Inventory Management
* 3+ years' experience in Supplier Relationship Management and
configuration of Supplier Management Systems (SAP)
* Knowledge of SAP APO (SRM)
* Familiarity with SAP with respect to Procurement and Master Production
* Familiarity with impact of sales initiatives on the variability of volume
* Experience of managing change
* Ability to work effectively with demand planning, finance, sales,
operations, customer service, distribution, transportation, 3PL, capacity
Skill Requirements for Procurement manager:
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Good organization skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Solid Supplier Relations skills
* Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume
* Inventory analysis proficiency; Strong analytical, mathematical and
problem solving skills
* Proficient in standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
* Expert with SAP or other advanced planning system Technology
* Knowledge of Supply Chain Management
* Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma planning methodologies
* Fill rate / Service Level
* Safety stock levels
* Working capital levels
* Lead time
* Planning calendar adherence
SEND RESUME TO