Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, we are a prestigious food product
manufacturing and distribution company. We are currently looking for a
Production Planner to join our Supply Chain Planning Team at our Fort Worth
Our ideal candidate will have the experience to plan and schedule workflow
for each department and operation according to established manufacturing
sequences and lead times and will expedite operations that delay schedules
and alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Excellent compensation
* Medical & Dental Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Vision Care Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* 401(k) with company match
* Cafeteria Plan for pre-tax health care and dependent care
* Add-on Benefit options available
* Ongoing Training
* Freeway close
* Fun and friendly team
* We promote from within and believe in career growth planning
* Other cool perks
What You Will Be Doing
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this position is responsible for
execution of all Regional production planning functions. This includes:
drawing up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each
operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer
orders. Analyzing production specifications and plant capacity data and
performing mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes,
tools, and human resource requirements.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Plan, prepare, maintain, and report on performance of the master schedule.
* Responsible for converting demand signals into master production schedule
by managing exception messages for expediting, delaying or cancelling
orders as required.
* Convert MPS into production schedule using Oracle PS to sequence work
orders in the most efficient manner possible.
* Maintain rough cut capacity plan to insure feasibility of the master
* Prepare run out analysis for discontinued items and coordinate exit
strategy with material planners.
* Manage planning performance by addressing day-to-day issues such as
rejections and quality issues and operations requested schedule changes
ensuring that the system application (JDE) programming is accurate and
leading supplier performance review meetings.
* Supports internal customers by providing information on planning
processes, products, and planning attributes.
* Utilizes and is knowledgeable of Company inter-departmental resources,
manufacturing processes and capabilities in order to complete customer
required documentation and specifications.
* Maintains information in JDE and material requirements planning (MRP)
system settings to optimize inventory, varying from MRP recommendations
based on established variance guidelines and resolves system reconciliation
* Mitigates problems by applying a broad view of situational implications
and total cost impacts.
* Provides value in resolving supplier related issues. Analyze data to
provide root cause analysis and report on key performance metrics.
What You Need for this Position
* Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years of Purchasing/Production Planning experience.
* Proficient with MS Office.
* Knowledge of material planning procedures, requisitions, purchase orders,
and planning terminology.
* Analytical problem solving capability, strong organization skills, and
ability to manage change effectively.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
* General supply chain knowledge including planning and inventory
CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager), CSCP (Certified Supply Chain
Professional) or CPIM (Certified Production Inventory Management)
Relevant JDE experience preferred.
What's In It for You
For the right candidate we are willing to offer an attractive base salary,
great benefits package, 401K and much, much more!
$60,000 - $85,000
So, if you have Five plus years' experience in Production Planning within a
Manufacturing environment and your CPM, CPIM or CSCP certification please,
RP1-PRODPLANFTWTX -- in the email subject line