Wednesday, September 3, 2014
DES seeks a purchasing coordinator for a Plano homebuilding company. Our
client specializes in the construction of residential properties and
communities across the state. The purchasing coordinator will be
responsible for supporting construction personnel in all purchasing and
budgeting activities. The selected candidate will coordinate these
processes with sales, operations, accounting and vendors.
- Establish and maintain labor and material costs for all plan options and
option catalog items.
- Create initial work orders and purchase orders for all construction
starts via the preliminary purchasing report (PPR) with budgets customized
for the appropriate exit strategy information. Verify margin on PPR is
consistent with program outline and review any exceptions with manager.
- Coordinate cost establishment process between the field and vendors to
achieve the goals of having budgets entered and checked for accuracy within
two weeks for plan revisions and four weeks for new plans.
- Process all requests from the field for extra material by entering and
creating short order PO's (SOPO's) and expedite the receipt of material by
communication with vendors by email.
- Process change orders requested by the field, creating the appropriate
budgets and copy confirmation back to the Project Manager.
- Research and resolve all problem invoices with the goal of reducing
problems by improving accuracy of takeoffs and orders and/or training
vendors in working within our system.
- Assist managers in analyzing changes in costs from month to month by
keeping track of takeoff revisions, price changes, and labor budget
changes. Enter updated sales prices from monthly program outlines for
calculation of soft cost budgets.
- Other duties as requested (i.e. backing up Purchasing Coordinators,
answering phones etc).
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or a related field is
- A minimum of one year construction or purchasing experience is required,
preferably with a homebuilding company.
- Customer service and/or order entry experience preferred.
- Prior experience with MS Office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Prior Brix's software experience preferred.
Job code: #7916
Please send resume with salary requirements to:
Dallas Employment Services