Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Senior Staff Accountant
Growing, Multi-Concept Company
Seeking Sr. Staff Accountant
Puente Enterprises, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Staff
Accountant to join the Corporate Office in Grapevine. If you are driven by
challenge, join the PEI team today! Growing, multi-concept company is
seeking an intelligent, energetic, resourceful leader to oversee the
financial operations of this diverse Metroplex based company. We seek a
highly committed professional that seeks challenges and has a passion for
accounting and analysis. This position will be exposed to all areas of the
Company and will immediately join the senior management team.
The Sr. Staff Accountant will be responsible for providing accounting
reporting functions for multiple entities which include food service,
currency exchange, quick-service, food & beverage and retail for a dynamic
airport environment. The Sr. Staff Accountant must have working knowledge
and proficiency with Quick Books and Excel.
For twenty years, Puente Enterprises, Inc. has been a leader in ushering in
new and exciting concepts featuring high quality products and food
preparation with superior customer service. Our commitment is to world
class customer service and superior quality products and services, that is
the Puente way.
We are seeking a self-driven Sr. Staff Accountant who has the following
experience and qualities:
Essential Position Functions/Duties:
· Prepare bank reconciliations for multiple entities which include
food service, currency exchange, quick-service, food & beverage and retail.
· Prepare weekly sales reports for management
· Prepare, Report and book Sales Taxes for all companies in a
· Prepare and Book accruals for Sales Taxes in a monthly basis.
· Prepare and Report % Rent for multiple entities
· Prepare and Report in a monthly basis TABC mixed beverages taxes
for food and beverage division.
· Review and approval of the wire transfer for weekly Travelex
· Calculate and Report Travelex and PEI monthly commissions for
· Book monthly PEI Currency-IAH commission.
· Book credit card allocation in a monthly basis
· Prepare and book COGS/inventory adjustment for all companies.
· Prepare and book accruals and current month payroll for all
· Book Accruals and Prepaid for DFW accounts.
· Prepare and Adjust currency Division's deferred Revenue and COGS
· Reconcile in a monthly basis loan payments accounts making sure
balances are accurate with bank statements.
· Assist with monthly and quarterly financial statements.
· Assist/ Prepare documentation for CPA firm as needed
· Full charge of Month End closing
· Work closely with members of operations for all financial related
· Maintain positive relationships with vendors
· Develop desk procedures and ensure that they are maintained.
· Assists the finance department with special projects, as
· Must be able to work after-hours as needed to meet deadline and
support business needs
Skills and Requirements:
· Must have 3-5 years' experience as a Staff Accountant with
multiple legal entities having annual sales in excess of $50 million in a
high volume environment.
· Must be proficient in Quick Books
· Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
· Knowledge of handling financials for multi-entities required
· Hard worker able to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
· Self-motivated and directed
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills
· Works well under pressure and with minimal supervision
· Honest and able to handle confidential information in a discreet,
· Quick learner
· Assertive and friendly with a positive attitude and high level of
· Must be detail oriented and errors to a minimum
· Must be able to handle fast-paced work environment
· Must be able to pass a background check and credit check
· Bachelor's degree required in Accounting, Finance or related
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your resume along with your salary requirements to
Puente Enterprises, Inc. is a conglomerate comprising of 20 retail, food
& beverage and currency locations. We represent 10 different brands at DFW
International Airport, George Bush International, Dallas and Grapevine.
Puente Enterprises has been recognized as the Workplace of the Year at the
2009 Celebration of Diversity Awards by offering a stable, growth oriented
work environment who puts employees first. PEI has also been recognized as
DFW Airport's Concessionaire of the Year 6 times; 2000, 2007, 2008, 2009,
2010 and 2011.