· The IT Security team is looking to add a Security Engineer to support and enhance Blue Shield of California’s security initiatives.
· The Security Engineer will apply knowledge to assist in project initiatives and support of existing components.
· The Security Engineer will need to align business and IT requirements to support successful delivery and sustainability.
· Provides guidance and direction in developing systems and tools which provide operational support resulting in efficient and sustainable security infrastructure, maintain continuity of operations and safeguard the assets of the organization.
· Assist team in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining security processes, practices and policies throughout the organization to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability.
Minimum Required skills:
· Minimum of 5 years dedicated to IT, IT security, Information Security and infrastructure experience
· Certifications which demonstrate baseline competency in the areas of Information Security, Information Risk Management/GRC, GIAC certifications and/or system/IT auditing (CISSP, GIAC, or related)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills
· Knowledge of Security tools that are commonly used such as but not limited to; Web content filtering, Web Application Firewalls, Data Loss Prevention, APT – Advanced Persistent Threat remediation and detection, Vulnerability and Remediation Management, Security Information and event management, Incident Response Strong business acumen and a commitment to integrity, process improvement and customer satisfaction Broad understanding of distributed, highly-available computing environments, and proactively addressing threats and vulnerabilities at all layers
· Knowledge of healthcare industry and industry related technology would be a strong plus
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
· Knowledge of HIPAA, HITECH, PCI-DSS, ISO 2700X and proper application of the Security and Privacy Rules
Abhijeet Kulkarni 5201 Great America Parkway