Affiliate Executive Director
MADD - Dallas
Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers
Against Drunk Driving(R) (MADD) is the nation's largest nonprofit working to
protect families from drunk driving and underage drinking. With the help of
those who want a safer future, MADD's Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving(R)
will end this danger on America's roads. PowerTalk 21(R) is the national day
for parents to talk with their kids about alcohol, using the proven
strategies of Power of Parents(tm) to reduce the risk of underage drinking.
And as one of the largest victim services organizations in the U.S., MADD
also supports drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge,
serving one person every eight minutes through local MADD victim advocates
and at 1-877-MADD-HELP. Learn more at www.madd.org or by calling
The MADD North Texas office located in Dallas, Texas 75247 is currently
seeking candidates for the full-time position of Affiliate Executive
Picture your next career leading a dynamic non-profit in Dallas. Experience
a place to work where expectations are high and where you can make a real
difference! If you want to be a part of history in the making, then come be
a part of MADD's mission-driven professional executive team. The Affiliate
Executive Director, working with the Texas State Executive Director and
other national leadership, will manage the daily and strategic operations
of MADD North Texas. We are seeking an experienced professional who can
lead the organization to new heights in providing high quality programs and
services that support our mission of stopping drunk driving, supporting
victims of violent crime, and preventing underage drinking.
Building an effective and diverse staff team and volunteer Advisory Board
Leading fundraising efforts and increasing revenue
Delivery of high quality program initiatives
Advocating and promoting MADD's mission and vision
The new Affiliate Executive Director will inherit tremendous opportunities
and partnerships to shape the future of MADD North Texas. This is a great
opportunity to join a rapidly changing and dynamic national organization.
The successful candidate will model our organization's core values and will
be an agent for positive change and the pursuit of excellence.
Responsible for the development, management and implementation of all
initiatives necessary to deliver core MADD programs and services, provide
appropriate funding to deliver the services and promote the mission of MADD
throughout the Affiliate area. Develop and manage all Affiliate employees
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Identify, contact and develop all sources of funds necessary to continue
the operation of the Affiliate. On an ongoing basis, continue to develop
corporate, community and other contacts to increase funding available for
delivery of services. Ensure that appropriate amount of funding to run the
Affiliate is available at all times. Maintain a balanced budget.
2. Recruit, develop, manage and sustain, in a collaborative effort, a State
Advisory Board to fulfill MADD's mission through development of a regional
strategic plan and implementation of core services and programs, based on
MADD's volunteer management model.
3. Develop strategic capacity building plans to enable future growth of
mission objectives in the Affiliate area.
4. In consultation with the Marcom Department, ensure accurate MADD
messaging for staff & volunteers to represent MADD to the public, media and
other outside organizations. Promote the organization's mission and
initiatives through pro-active outreach to these groups to raise awareness
on the part of the public and elected officials.
5. Identify areas within the Affiliate where victims are underserved;
develop and implement programs to ensure services are available in those
6. Partner closely with the state legislators and Public Policy Department
in preparation of recommendations consistent with MADD's activities.
Affiliate Executive Director
7. Supervise grant administration, including but not limited to ensuring
regular liaison and reporting to grant funder, achievement of annual grant
performance objectives through program development and fiscal management of
8. Recruit, train, develop and provide leadership to employees and
volunteers. Ensure that all programs, services and grants are being
implemented and managed efficiently, effectively and professionally through
establishment of goals & objectives and that employees receive, understand
and are held accountable in meeting goals & objectives.
9. Ensure the Affiliate organization is in compliance with MADD policies,
procedures and regulations pertaining to the organization's operation, to
include all grant compliance and guidelines.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Five plus years of progressively more responsible management experience
in non-profit businesses. At least 2 years of prior staff management
experience is required.
2. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to make
presentations, good public speaking and public presence a must.
4. Ability to network and recruit support. Must be able to demonstrate an
established track record in fund raising for non-profit organizations.
5. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines on projects.
6. High level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products,
especially Word and Excel.
7. Ethical behavior and confidentiality are a must in this position.
8. Ability to travel, work a flexible schedule and respond to emergency
Interested Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and salary
history; to the following email address:
MADD offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits + business casual