National Office, Irving
Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers
Against Drunk Driving(R) (MADD) is the nation's largest nonprofit working to
protect families from drunk driving and underage drinking. With the help of
those who want a safer future, MADD's Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving(R)
will end this danger on America's roads. PowerTalk 21(R) is the national day
for parents to talk with their kids about alcohol, using the proven
strategies of Power of Parents(tm) to reduce the risk of underage drinking.
And as one of the largest victim services organizations in the U.S., MADD
also supports drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge,
serving one person every eight minutes through local MADD victim advocates
and at 1-877-MADD-HELP. Learn more at www.madd.org or by calling
The MADD National office in Irving, Texas 75062 is currently seeking
candidates for the full-time position of Controller 083-14.
This position is responsible for financial reporting for MADD & reports to
Directs and manage the overall accounting activities and compliance of the
corporation to assure effective control of all assets, liabilities and
other financial activities.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Manages the proper accounting of cash receipts and disbursements and
journal entries through the supervision and training of the Finance staff.
2. Assists the CFO in maintaining compliance with all financial reporting,
federal and state regulations, generally accepted accounting standards as
promulgated by FASB, as well as accounting policies and procedures
established by MADD's National Board.
3. Assists the CFO in the preparation of the annual budget.
4. Assists the CFO in the preparation of the of the monthly consolidated
financial statements and the preparation of monthly reconciliations of
general ledger accounts and monthly journal entries.
5. Assists the CFO in the management of the annual audit.
6. Maintain accounting software and other related software. Review,
investigate and resolve issues as they arise.
7. Perform cash management functions to monitor cash flow, bank balances
and credit card activity.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Five to seven years of professional accounting experience including
related audit firm experience. Progressive staff management experience
required. Non-profit environment highly desired.
2. Bachelor's degree majoring in accounting from an AACSB-accredited school
3. CPA certification required.
4. Strong communication skills, including presentation and written
5. Proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and
ability to work with mid-market accounting packages-advanced MS Excel user
preferred. Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
6. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and complete items on
time. Independent judgment and the ability to work with little supervision
7. Strong analytical skills to review financial reports and the ability to
make sound financial decisions in the absence of the CFO.
Forward resume to the following email address:
and Phone: 469-420-4505.