Database Assistant Dallas Zoo
Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. (AZA Member)
As one of the resident experts in Raiser's Edge for the Dallas Zoo, the
Database Assistant position is responsible for the day-to-day input of data
into Raiser's Edge, as well as the execution of queries.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Conducts all membership and gift processing, as well as biographical data
entry for the Zoo.
* Responsible for event and prospect data entry (e.g., contact information,
biographical background). Handles regular updates to contact information,
including returned mail and email bounce backs.
* Produces Raiser's Edge queries and reports for internal and external
purposes, including reports on philanthropic giving (e.g. total income,
sources of income, types of gifts, commitments, etc.) and progress toward
non-financial goals (e.g., contact made, solicitations made, etc.).
* Produces fulfillment materials such as membership cards, standard thank
you letter, etc.
* Performs data downloads into Raiser's Edge from peripheral programs (e.g.
Gateway Galaxy, Auction Pay, etc.).
* Produces mailing and invitation lists requested internally and externally.
* Works with Membership Specialist to provide data for renewal and
* Monitors and maintains database accuracy and constituent updates.
* Cross-trained as backup to Stewardship Specialist.
* Cross-trained to assist in the Membership Booth.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Two to four years experience with relational databases, specifically with
* Exceptional attention to detail with a strong commitment to maintain the
integrity of data entered into Raiser's Edge.
* Ability to process large amounts of data under pressure and strict
* Strong knowledge of database management.
* A strategic approach to problem solving.
* Organized, energetic, flexible and computer proficient.
* Strong MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills.
* Initiates and has ability to work independently.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Commitment to the mission and values of the Dallas Zoo.
* Must have good observational skills.
* Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation
* Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, twist, reach above head,
pull bend, climb stairs and carry up to 50lbs.
* Work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
* Must have a valid driver's license (to operate Zoo vehicles) with
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background
check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique,
challenging and rewarding career.
If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to
Place job code ASDBA in the subject line to be considered.