Microsoft UC Engineers
Job Category: Computing/MIS
Position Title: Unified Communications Engineer (Microsoft Lync):Virtual
Salary Range: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00
Our client is looking to add experienced Microsoft UC engineers to its
rapidly growing UC Integration Team. The successful candidate will have
extensive design and implementation experience with Microsoft Lync
(including Lync 2010, Lync 2013, OCS 2007 R2), Microsoft Office 365 and a
working knowledge of Avaya and/or Cisco telecommunications environments.
* The UC Engineer will focus on pre sales consulting, solution design as
well as implementation of Microsoft Unified Communication applications -
including Microsoft Lync, Exchange and SharePoint interfacing with legacy
PBX's (Avaya/Nortel, Cisco, Siemens) and in stand-alone environment.
* The UC Engineer will work with our national sales force to provide best
of breed Unified Communications integration solutions to our customers.
Successful candidates must have experience delivering consulting
engagements, working with distributed sales and delivery teams and a
command of the voice technologies and other components that make up the
core Microsoft Unified Communications product family.
* The candidate must have deep technical knowledge and also possess the
communication skills and organizational agility to guide customers through
complex UC integration projects. Where necessary, the candidate must also
be able to perform the hands-on technical content development or solution
design work on his/her own.
This is a customer-facing consulting position with approximately 30-50%
travel required, with the other time spent in a virtual office environment.
Key deliverables and associated activities include:
* Work with customers to align technology to their business opportunities
and needs in context of their communications platform strategy
* Identify solution system interfaces, constraints, scope, cost, risks and
* Document business, information, application and technology aspects of
Desired Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
* Microsoft Lync and OCS, Exchange, Active Directory and SharePoint/CEBP
* VoIP/telephony expertise including knowledge of legacy solutions (ie.
Cisco, Avaya/Nortel), working knowledge of PBX integration scenarios w MS
* Experience with Voice and Data Platforms (TDM PBX & IP-PBX, Video MCU)
Voice and Data Networks (PSTN, Wireless, IP) , UC & C Applications (Voice
Call Control, Audio/Video/ Web Conferencing, IM/Presence, CDR, E-911,
Voice/Fax and Unified Messaging), Contact Centers (ACD, IVR, CRM),
Application Integration Services ( TAPI, TSAPI, JTAPI, CSTA). Knowledge of
SS7, GRR303, H.320, H.323 and SIP protocols. Knowledge of TCP/IP
networking, switches, routers and firewalls, network bandwidth management.
Education & Experience:
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
* A Microsoft MCSE and Lync certification is highly desirable
* Other technical certifications (i.e. CCNA, Avaya ACE, etc.)
* At least 7 years or related technology experience
* Work experience must include technical consulting, solution design,
project envisioning, planning, development, deployment, and management.
To be considered, forward resume in Word Format to Steve Regan: