Freight Sales Broker
Company: Albion Staffing
Albion Staffing Solutions is an established ISO 9000 certified full-service
staffing company with 5 offices in South Florida. We have a Client seeking
to fill this position on a Full Time basis.
Some relocation assistance provided.
The Salary Range is $45,000 to $50,000 per year plus commission 20%- 30%
and the the Job Description follows:
Albion Group provides support services for the transportation industry. We
offer financial services, merger & acquisition opportunities, quality
training, staffing, executive recruiting, and outplacement services. We
have been in business since 1991.
Our client is a well established, publically quoted and financially secure
multi-national courier/freight forwarder/small-package operator that is a
Location: Anywhere in the US (home office) - 20 Open Positions
Freight Sales Broker arranges for freight to move domestically across the
United States. They are the broker (middle person) between the customer /
shipper and the trucker who could be a nationwide truckling company or an
independent trucker. The Freight Sales Broker has to have their own
customers and cover their own freight (which means arrange the trucking of
their customers' freight).
Compensation: Salary range: To be negotiated.
BASE AROUND $45K to $50K Depending on business volume.
Commission: 20% - 30%
Benefits: Health benefits for employee and 401K
Candidates will be provided with a laptop with freight brokering software
* Identify, qualify and generate new business by adding and retaining
clients to achieve set revenue and gross profit goals
* Generate a minimum of $1-$3M in sales annually, with at least 15% margin
* Identify services and pricing that meet customer's need in order to
obtain business objectives
* Manage customer's day-to-day shipping needs (dispatching), providing
world-class customer service. "Cover own freight"
* Maintain and expand relationships with carriers
* Negotiate rates with carriers and customers
* Maintain regular contact with existing customers to determine their short
and long term shipping needs
* Collaborate with other team members and manager
* At least 3 years of non-asset trucking brokerage experience
* At least 3 years of track record of generating $200,000 or more in gross
profit in non-asset trucking brokerage business
* At least 3 years of experience dispatching and acting as the customer
point of contact; strong operational background with track record of
providing highest quality
* Able to generate at least $200,000 in gross profit in first 12 months
* Loyal customer base; customer focused
* Comfortable with MS Office, computer proficient
* Must be a self-starter and highly motivated
* Able to prioritize, meet deadlines and excel handling multiple tasks
* Able to work independently and within team setting
* Strong communications skills
The successful candidate must have good written and verbal skills and must
be able to communicate with clients at all levels within the corporation.
The successful candidate must be computer proficient with word processing,
spreadsheet, and data base abilities.
If you have the necessary qualifications and experience for this position
and are legally able to work in the USA, we would like to hear from you.
Drug/Background testing may be required.
* Fax your resume to 305-406-1010
* Call Katherine Veratudela at 305-406-1000