Human Resources Generalist
Sunoco Inc. - Nationwide
Coaches and supports Department Managers and all associates through
strategic business partnership. With a regional area of responsibility,
advises and consults with management and associates in major disciplines of
HR, including staffing, employee relations, training, organizational
development and compliance. Provides support for performance management,
compensation, benefits open enrollments and systems improvements. Assures
HR goals and objectives are achieved in his/her area.
* Supports Managers in the performance of business goals through
encouraging the full potential of our associates
* Coaches management on how to handle difficult and complicated situations
* Participates, as partner, in management meetings in support of on-going
business operations and representing Human Resources in attracting,
retaining and motivating our associates
* ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
* Engages and coordinates succession planning requirements
* Coordinates and administers on-going training activities to achieve HR
goals and objectives
* Assures current data for organizational charts, HR metric reporting and
systems data integrity
* Works with centralized Compensation and Benefits for job evaluation,
regional market issues and planned related training activities
* Works with management on reorganizations, acquisitions, headcount
management, turnover and all strategic planning related to human resources
* HR POLICY ADMINISTRATION
* Consults with managers and associates related to the interpretation of
human resources policies, programs and procedures
* Implements new HR programs and technology assuring quality learning and
utilization of tools for improved efficiencies
* Assures management and employees adheres to policy administration goals
* Represents and administers Corporate HR process events such as
performance management, salary increases, bonuses, benefits open
enrollments and policy communications.
* Ensures compliance with EEO, ADA, FLSA, Safety and all other legal
mandates impacting the human resources aspects of our business.
* Assures all new-hires are properly educated and trained on policies and
* Provide repeat learning opportunities for reinforcement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
SKILLS & ABILITIES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business or a
related field in required. PHR or SPHR certification is preferred. A
minimum of five (5) years in a similar role is required. Field HR and/or
Retail industry experiences are preferred. Strong understanding of
applicable laws and government agencies (DOL, FLSA, EEOC, FMLA, OFCCP,
etc.) is required.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Intermediate computers knowledge in MS Office and HRIS
(People-soft/SAP) products is preferred.
Committed to work flexible hours and some travel is required in support of
geographical areas of responsibilities
Interested candidates who meet the listed qualifications should submit
their resume to Human Resources via email at
or fax at 361.693.3719.
In the subject line, please include the title.