Mgr Sales Marketing Business Development
Responsible for new business growth opportunities in addition to managing
all sales activities and results for all product lines, geographies, and/or
sales channels. Strategic focus on developing new business accounts,
develops sales plans and budgets for achieving sales goals.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Essential functions may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and
other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not
a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions
in this class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily
list all possible duties that may be assigned.
· Manages the sale of company products and services for all product
lines, geographies, and sales channels of responsibility.
· Champions new growth and product ideas; oversees special projects
that have cross regional or cross business implications.
· Develops sales personnel, customer accounts, and provides
training to assigned sales force.
· Develops and implements sales objectives, strategies, promotional
programs and ensures their execution; establishes and implements sales
plans as needed to support all target markets; achieves sales goals
associated with revenue and profit targets.
· Develops processes and procedures to understand competition and
provide input to market lead pricing propositions for designated areas.
· Advises and consults with internal business partners on business
development initiatives and plans.
· Trains and manages existing sales organization, distributors and
new customers; champions the use of sales tools and processes for efficient
and effective sales force.
· Provides reporting on forecasts, budgets, and sales performance.
· Responsible for all marketing efforts including brochures,
cut-sheets, give-a-aways, website, sponsorships, etc.
· Identifies and pursues growth opportunities.
· Knows and enforces compliance with all safety policies and
· Drives and contributes to the department's continuous improvement
· Coaches and mentors one or two levels of direct reports; assigns
work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses
performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
· Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
· Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
Four year college or university degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing,
or related field or equivalent education and/or experience.
Valid driver's license in Texas.
Five or more years of relevant sales & marketing experience in the upstream
oil and gas industry. Proven sales experience in O&G industry in Texas,
Louisiana, and Oklahoma.
Two or more years of supervisory experience
Experience selling tanks and process equipment
ASME & API experience
Knowledge of well site facilities
Competencies, Skills, and Knowledge:
· Strong oral and written communication skills, including the
ability to present and persuade at the leadership level. Excellent
presentation skills and ability to engage audience.
· Ability to motivate a sales team to meet and exceed goals.
· Strong math and analytical skills.
· Excellent negotiation skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
· Thorough knowledge of customer relationship management systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to
· The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
· The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
· Employee is required to regularly walk in customer field
locations which may include inclines, uneven surfaces, and a variety of
Employee is required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment
including but not limited to fire shoes/boots, hard hats, or respirators.
When employee is on many customer locations they may be required to wear
fire retardant clothing and hazardous gas detection equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
· Some work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well
· Work normally is executed in an office or in a cubicle space
equipped with a telephone and computer.
· Work will include regular visits to customer office or field
· Work will require visits to customer field locations in a variety
of weather and temperature conditions.
Challenger Process Systems (CPS), part of Dover Corporation, is a leader in
process and environmental systems, ASME Code pressure vessels (including
oil/water separators) and API/AWWA shop tanks. Challenger is located in
East Texas in Whitehouse (near Tyler). For additional information about
our company & products please visit www.challengerps.com.
We offer a competitive compensation & benefit package including base
salary, commission, medical, prescription, dental, life, vision, LTD, STD,
AD&D, 401k with company matching, etc. Benefits are effective on your
first day of employment. We also have company-paid holidays & Paid Time