One year contract
A liaison between IT and business
· As a Product Owner, one of the main responsibilities is to
represent the voice of the customer during the development process. You
will be accountable for ensuring that the product being built delivers
value to the customers; that what is developed meets or exceeds our
customer's requirements, and consequently, that our products are successful
in the marketplace.
· The Product Owner is focused on working with Product Managers to
translate Product Vision/Roadmap requirements into real deliverables.
· The following are the responsibilities of the Product Owner
· Responsible for the day to day management of the product
· Fully engaged in the agile process, implementation of scrum
· The agile product owner must understand the market, the customer
and the business in order to make sound decisions.
· The product owner role requires working closely with key
stakeholders throughout the organization and beyond, so he or she must be
able to communicate different messages to different people about the
project at any given time.
· Backlog prioritization, user story development working closely
with Product Manager.
· Works with the Product Manager to manage the complete product
· Collaborates and builds strong relationships with customers,
engineers, and product support.
· Bachelor's or Master's in Aviation Management, Computer Science,
Engineering or Business
· 8 to 10 years of experience in Airline Planning or software
product management in airline domain.
· Experience and good understanding of Airline Network Planning,
Scheduling and Publication process.
· Understanding of general product management disciplines, roadmap
and release management principles
· Experience in Software industry and good understanding of
Software Development and Product Life Cycle, including customer
requirements gathering, software design and development, testing including
unit, functional, systems and integration implementation/delivery and
· Experience working with Scrum or equivalent Agile Development
Process-Knowledge of how different systems interact, including potential
problems and difficulties that may occur
· Flexibility to partner with and negotiate with various
individuals across teams at different levels
· Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, group
presentations at the team level
Additional experience in the following would be a plus:
· Experience using Schedule Manager or similar tools
· Certified Scrum Product Owner is a plus
Resource Development Manager
Winner of Inc 500, Deloitte Fast 500, MBN 100
800 E. Campbell Rd, Suite 388
Richardson, TX 75081