We have a client requirement in Foster City, CA for Security Analyst - SOC. This is a long term contract opportunity.
The IT Security Analyst is a key member of the Information Security and Privacy team with primary responsibility for IT Security incident response in a global environment. A successful candidate will articulate technical security requirements, monitor the effectiveness of the existing IT security controls framework, and raise the level of security awareness and policy compliance among workforce members.
As part of the computer incident response team (CIRT), the Analyst will provide real-time IT security event monitoring and incident management services. Daily responsibilities will include security event analysis and validation, remediation recommendations, escalation to external or internal IT teams, and tracking the event to closure.
· Research threat activity and recommend appropriate remediation
· Maintain an accurate audit trail of security events and requests
· Demonstrate exceptional communication and organizational skills in a globally distributed team working closely with cross-functional groups
· Generate, execute, and analyze security reports
· On call rotation for after-hours support
· Analyze security event or incident in context to detect advanced threats.
o Alerts analysis
o Investigate Incidents
o Analyze Malware
REQUIRED SKILLS &
· Basic system and network security fundamentals
· Knowledge of desktop, server, application, database, and network security principles for risk identification and analysis
· Working knowledge of incident response, security infrastructure management, and monitoring services
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely
· Experience with security tools and platforms such as End point protection, Advanced Malware Protection-Fireeye, Mandiant, SIEM, IPS/IDS, firewalls, etc.
· Experience in Cyber threat and vulnerability analysis and remediation
· Experience in Forensic examination and Penetration testing tools
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
· Bachelor of Science degree in computer science other related field or 3-5+ years in information security is preferred
· Information Security Certification (CISSP, GSEC, etc…) or other related security certification is highly desired