Information Security Sr. Advisor
Long term contract
We have an excellent opportunity for an Information Security Sr. Advisor in Plano, TX to provide value to one of our largest and longest serving Healthcare client in our Services’ business unit. You will work with a fast-paced global leader in IT and have the ability to learn from the best and brightest in the industry. We are only considering local applicants at this time.
This position is responsible for overseeing the business practice of a 24/7 Security Response Center operation. This role will entail leadership of a team of security specialists monitoring cyber security events during a cybersecurity event and will also provide leadership for the execution of the response and remediation activities minimizing overall risk to the business.
The ideal candidate for this role is an IT Security Sr. Advisor with experience in Security Response Center processes, functionally managing a team of operational resources, and who is comfortable working directly with our client’s executive IT leadership.
· Maintain process for managing escalations and notifications to key stakeholders and management during a cybersecurity incident
· Collaborate with other colleague cyber security teams and key internal stakeholders to ensure that security monitoring alarms are in conformity with overall security strategy
· Analyze, recommend and implement monitoring and compliance procedures based on external and internal information security risk and vulnerability assessments
· Maintain security and operational efficiency metrics through comprehensive reporting, including on-the-fly data mining, historical reporting, self-auditing and tracking capabilities
· Manage 1st level triage security forensics activities on identified compromised systems and unauthorized changes to production configurations
· Manage the “Chain-of-Custody” for all evidence collected during security investigations
· Update Security Response Center Situational Awareness Dashboard communicating active security threats and issues on the production network
· Identify opportunities and suggest efficiencies in incident tracking and handling via automation
· Maintain current with new developments in the security industry including alerts, bugs, vulnerabilities and viruses; evaluate and report on their potential business impact.
· Regularly develop and produce status reports of the tactical incident response operations constructed from discovered or reported issues
· Maintain a highly skilled Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) teamfor the effective detection, analysis, and containment of attacks
· Assembles, evaluates, and implements performance and effectiveness metrics for functions supervised
· Build strong relationships both internally and externally (including vendors) as part of the technical leadership team
· A Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.S.) or equivalent in computer science, cybersecurity, or equivalent discipline from an accredited college or university.
· 5 + years cybersecurity incident response and technical forensics investigation with 3 or more years in healthcare preferred.
· 3 + years managing a team
· Demonstrate expert skills in cyber security incident monitoring and response practices and proven track record managing cybersecurity teams
· Incident handling and forensics skills including knowledge of common probing and attack methods, network/service discovery, system assessment, viruses and other forms of malware
· Must have experience with identity theft, insider threat programs and investigation techniques in a cross-functional team working environment
· Knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to keep abreast of latest cybersecurity threats and hacking techniques
· Ability to present risks and propose countermeasures to non-technical audience
· Must be able flexible with work schedule to allow for management of 24/7 team
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express thoughts clearly, know how to listen, and contribute in a client-facing environment, with all levels of staff.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Ability to coordinate input and develop relevant metrics.
· Competence with Microsoft Office, e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.
· Ability to multitask and work independently with minimal direction and maximum accountability
· CISA, CISSP, or CISM
· Incident Handler certification, GCIH, ECIH, CERT-CSIH
Haley Moulton | Professional Recruiter | Apex Systems
222 W. Las Colinas Blvd Suite 645e Irving, TX 75039