Information Security Sr Analyst
Long Term Contract
We have an excellent opportunity for an Information Security Sr. Analyst in Plano, TX to provide value to one of our largest and longest serving Healthcare client in our Services’ business unit. You will work with a fast-paced global leader in IT and have the ability to learn from the best and brightest in the industry. We are only considering local applicants at this time.
Our client is seeking an Incident Response Analyst to join its Information Security Group. This position will be a member of the Digital Forensics and Incident Response team, addressing information security matters globally using a wide variety of security tools across multiple environments. The candidate will primarily assist in investigating and analyzing response activities related to security incidents or events, requiring an extensive understanding of digital investigations and underlying security principles.
The ideal candidate will share our passion for defending large-scale networks while solving complex security problems. This position will also have the opportunity to work on security and technology initiatives with company-wide reach.
· Conduct highly technical examinations, analysis and reporting of computer based evidence related to security incidents (intrusion artifacts/IOCs) or investigations.
· Effective and secure handling of digital evidence and matter confidentiality.
· Perform incident triage and handling by determining scope, urgency and potential impact thereafter identifying the specific vulnerability and recommending actions for expeditious remediation.
· Ability to analyze data, such as logs or packets captures, from various sources within the enterprise and draw conclusions regarding past and future security incidents.
· Document incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
· Coordinate with and act as subject matter expert to resolve incidents by working with other information security specialists to correlate threat assessment data.
· Maintain and expand related information security metrics.
· A Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.S.) or equivalent in computer science, business administration, or equivalent discipline from an accredited college or university.
· 3+ years of experience in a incident response team (CIRT) or in a computer investigative role
Knowledge of incident response processes (detection, triage, incident analysis, remediation and reporting).
· Demonstrated skills in digital investigations including: computer forensics, network forensics, eDiscovery, malware analysis and memory analysis.
· Solid understanding of hacker techniques (TTPs) and exploits, including current security threat landscape.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express thoughts clearly, know how to listen, and contribute in a client-facing environment, with all levels of staff.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Ability to coordinate input and develop relevant metrics.
· Competence with Microsoft Office, e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.
· Ability to multitask and work independently with minimal direction and maximum accountability
- < >
Incident Handler certification, GCIH, ECIH, CERT-CSIH
Haley Moulton | Professional Recruiter | Apex Systems
222 W. Las Colinas Blvd Suite 645e Irving, TX 75039