Location: Redwood City, CA
Position: 6-12 Months
Information Security Engineer
Are you interested in the intersection of genomics, bioinformatics and big data? Would you like to apply your security, design, and software skills to help define the next generation of medical genomic advances that accelerate the science of personalized medicine? Join us at the intersection of Computer Science and Life Science. #code2cure
We are looking for a technical and hands-on information security expert who can help Bina software team spec out and implement various security capabilities as required by compliance standards and regulations as well as industry best practices. You will work with talented engineers and compliance team members to understand the product and apply your knowledge and skills for domain that improves human health. How you will spend your time:
- Application/Database Security Assessments
- Architecture/Software Security Architecture Planning/Review
- Secure Code Review
- Static/Dynamic Security Analysis
- Development and Implementation of Security SOPs
- Secure Practice SDLC Implementation
- Security Solution Implementation Support
- Compliance/Governance Support
- Incident Response
- FISMA NIST 800-37 Information Assurance
- 4 - 7 years of verifiable job experience assessing information security risks, implementation of security controls (management, operational, technical), encryption implementation (SSL/TLS/IPSEC), security incident management experience, security policy, procedure and standards development experience.
- Experience in the Life Sciences and/or Medical Device industries preferred.
- Broad scope of experience in infrastructure and IT security policies, procedures, and processes including critical infrastructure as well as in the auditing and assessment, response, mitigation, and remediation of security risks for applications and their associated database systems.
- Experience with the application of and implementation of the following industry standards: FIPS-199/200, NIST 800-37, NIST-800-53 (ver 3 and/or 4), ISO 27001/27002, FISMA, and OWASP.
- Information Assurance: AppDetective; WebInspect; Fortify; Gold Disk; Retina; Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs); Application Security and Development Checklist.
- Databases: Nosql (HBASE), Hadoop, Spark
- Platforms:Windows, Linux
- Security Tools:Wireshark, Nessus, Metasploit., Canvas, Kismet, Cenzic Hailstorm, CoreImpact, WebAppSec Inc AppDetective, Watchfire/Ounce/AppScan, Burpsuite, Charles, Client Fortify, WebScarab, Paros, nmap, Nikto, dsniff.
- Encryption: SSL/TLS/IPSEC implementation experience.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional Exam (CISSP) and/or SANS GIAC GISP certification.
Also, please take a few minutes to answer some of the questions below as they will help me qualify your candidature.
Full Legal Name as in Driving License/ Passport:
Preferred email ID:
Day/ Evening phone numbers:
Earliest availability for Phone/ On-Site interview:
Earliest possible start date:
Eteam wants to you be aware of extensive background checks conducted by our clients, on the candidates who are extended offers of employment.
Keval Agravat – Sr. Technical Recruiter
1001 Durham Avenue, South Plainfield, NJ 07080
Desk: 732-248-1900 x 529 (T)
Fax: 908-757-0800 (F)