Job Title: Application Developer II
Location: Palo Alto,CA
Duration: 6 Months+
Only W2 Candidates
The EVO:RAIL engineering team is looking for an experienced UI engineer with strong motivation to build technologies and experiences to enable the virtualized datacenter and dramatically simplify our customers experiences. The ideal candidate will be extremely confortable with User Experience and UI Design principles, as well as an accomplished engineer, able to execute using multiple web and desktop technologies. Candidate should be self-motivated; looking to be part of a fast-paced team responsible for architecting and building a use-case driven environment. Applicants must have solid, hands on experience architecting, designing and developing highly scalable applications both server and client side that make heavy use of API's as well as experience bridging technology gaps with innovative engineering. We iterate quickly and own complete control of the product. Any candidate looking for a start-up like fast based environment but with the stability of an industry-leading giant behind it would find this role extremely attractive. EVO:RAIL is the worlds first and only 100% VMware powered hyper-converged infrastructure appliance.
- Take direct ownership over the architecture, experience and build of a stand alone JS/HTML5 Native application to support EVO:RAIL diagnostics and factory resetting.
- Collaborate with other senior and lead engineers (local and offshore) to build a world class desktop experience that reflects the feel of the main platform experience.
- Be responsible for bringing consumer grade, ultra slick user experiences to the enterprise software market.
- Work with cross-functional engineering teams, such as Business Development, Product Development & Quality Engineering to drive high levels of customer satisfaction and a high quality end user experience.
- Apply creative engineering solutions to solve interesting and challenging problems.
- 5+ years of industry experience in building multi-tier, scalable, enterprise level products or UI components.
- Must be familiar with WebSockets, both producing and consuming services that utilize them.
- Working knowledge of client side MVC, MVVM and CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, jQuery, Backbone.js, Angular.js are important
- Knowledge of using Web View containers for HTML/JS desktop experiences like MacGap
- Should have a background in high level programming and scripting languages like Java, Python, Ruby and Perl.
- Must be able to develop UI and application wireframes and have a competent design background
- Experience producing and consuming API's via REST are essential.
- Experience in version control systems such as Perforce, GIT is required.
- Good experience with Linux shell scripting is a strong desire.
- Excellent presentation, interaction and communication skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively across functional organizations. White boarding ability essential.
- Good solid DevOps experience is strongly desired
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or relevant equivalent experience. Degree is not essential but must have equivalent experience.