Cyber Security Analyst to work with Blue Shield of California , in El Dorado Hills, CA. This is a 12 Months Contract to Hire opportunity.
· The IT Security Services team is looking to add a Cyber Defense Analyst member to support IT security initiatives.
· The Cyber Defense Analyst will apply knowledge to monitor and respond to alerts triggered by IT Security Services existing technologies, services and other IT Security incidents reported to the team.
· This role is entirely focused on incident response, incident handling and monitoring.
· Event monitoring and analysis for IT security incidents
· IT security incident and vulnerability response and escalations
· Threat detection and response and escalations
· Detection and escalation of account privilege abuse
· Must have a flexible schedule that is open to changing situations and willing to perform all business related tasks assigned
Minimum Required Skills:
· A degree in Computer Science and 1-2 years dedicated to IT, IT security, and/or security infrastructure experience or related field OR a combination of equivalent work experience and education
· 2+ years of experience in Information/Cyber security is required
· Experience with monitoring and security experience is highly desired
· Good understanding of various technologies and concepts related to Cyber Security is a must
· Good written and verbal communication skills at different levels with the ability to articulate with both technical and non-technical audiences
· Team player with strong relationship building skills that assists with interconnecting and high collaboration across all IT departments – promptly shares relevant information with others
· Strong business acumen and a commitment to integrity, process improvement and customer satisfaction
· Demonstrate strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
· Positive can-do outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with demanding situations.
· Independence – able and willing to perform tasks and duties without supervisions or with limited guidance.
· Cooperative – willing to work and collaborate with peers, leads, and management and is compromising where necessary
5201 Great America Parkway | Suite 238 | Santa Clara, CA 95054