Engineering Manager - AI-Driven Website Optimization
Build and lead a team at Sentient that is creating a disruptive AI-driven product in our Visual Intelligence business!
Sentient has built the world’s most powerful distributed artificial intelligence system, which powers innovative products that solve some of the world’s toughest problems.
Combining evolutionary computation, deep learning and other AI techniques, running on one of the world’s largest computing grids, the Sentient platform enables us to understand truly massive data sets in a profound way, enabling cutting-edge products in the financial and e-commerce markets, along with scientific research in health and other domains.
The Sentient R&D team includes world-renowned experts in evolutionary computation, deep learning, artificial life, and distributed computing. The quality of Sentient’s team and technology has attracted some of the world’s most influential investors, making Sentient the best-funded independent artificial intelligence company.
We are seeking an exceptional technical leader and engineering manager to lead our Conversion Rate Optimization product team. This SaaS product uses artificial intelligence to optimize ecommerce websites to maximize revenue. We are building a new team to produce future versions of this product. Your primary goals in the next few months will be to build this team by hiring talented and passionate engineers; to lead by example in writing great code, modeling best practices and demonstrating a proactive approach to issues; and to motivate your team to deliver product releases on time and on scope. This is a hands-on technical management role, and one that will have a direct impact on the success of the product and our company.
- You are driven, curious and passionate about your work; you are innovative, creative and focused on excellence; and you want to be part of an ego-free work environment where we value honest, healthy interactions and collaboration.
- You have 7+ years of experience designing, developing, testing and deploying full-stack SaaS applications.
- You have several years experience hiring, leading and managing a team of talented and high-performance engineers who produce results. You have excellent leadership skills.
- You enjoy the challenge of building product in a rapidly changing environment without sacrificing scope or schedule, and have a proven ability to do so. You have the urgency to build and release products.
- You have solid experience building scalable, distributed, high-volume, high-availability low-latency systems.
- You are an evangelizer of modern commercial software development: unit tests, code reviews, continuous deployment, secure and clean code. You encourage and enforce best practices in the team.
- You hold a BS or MS degree in computer science or a closely related field.
- Experience with scrum would be great; if you’re a certified scrum master, even better.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Working here is awesome:
- Take-as-needed vacation!
- Telecom reimbursement
- Tons of snacks and beverages
- Catered educational lunches every Tuesday
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Bagels on Monday
- Super-convenient location near BART, Caltrain, Muni, Ferries
- Team Events, Happy Hours, Holiday Parties, more.