Location: Mountain View, CA or San Diego, CA
Duration: 18 Months
Document first, deploy second, and then provide 24/7 operations support for Brocade LAN HW/SW, Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco LAN/WAN/WLAN/VPN/Security HW/SW, and any other Network Services to enable Clients Business needs globally.
Palo Alto and Cisco ASA Experience is required.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 10 years in the networking/telecommunications industry.
• Cisco CCNP, LAN, WAN, WLAN, Putty or SecrueCRT, Change Management, Network Cabling, Network Racking/Stacking/Auditing HW, and Jump Boxes knowledge/experience is required.
• Cisco VPN/Security, Brocade, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Opnet, Silverpeak, Stealthwatch, IXIA, Prime Infrastructure, Cacti, Netbrain, ServiceNow, ITIL, and Spectrum knowledge/experience is preferred.
• Experience with large project rollouts
• Experience designing, evaluating, recommending and implementing networking solutions.
• Strong technical project management and engineering skills are preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and Design the Implementation of the Clients LAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN and Monitoring Tools utilizing Clients Standardized Architecture.
• Provide Troubleshooting and problem solving for network and application issues.
• Configuration and implementation of network hardware, including routers, switches, security appliances, wireless controllers, VPN appliances and monitoring tools etc.
• Create and maintain network documentation as it relates to the standardized network topology, equipment, operational support and configuration.
• Interact and negotiate with application owners, project managers, vendors, consultants, and contractors to architect, design and implement network solutions.
• Strong people skills in collaborating with business partners, customers, peers, and managers.
• Strong time and workload management skills to handle multiple projects and tasks within rapid timeframes.
• Strong communication/written skills to provide in-depth technical or summary documentation
• Perform network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation.
• Follow standard operating procedures and applications for service, change, and incident management.
• Perform the assigned functions within an Operational Support Model by utilizing Network Monitoring Tools to maintain and report on the health, consumption and availability of the network via Metrics and KPI's.
• Perform routine infrastructure testing and evaluations to identify challenges within our infrastructure and develop a plan to remediate them.
• Ensure configuration and feature consistency is maintained across the network infrastructure.
• Develop and Implement Operational Efficiencies by utilizing Vendor or Custom Networking Tools to automate routine implementation and alerting tasks.
Sr. IT Recruiter