Wilmington, MA location
Temp to Hire role (6 months contract to start)
8+ years of Security experience, Security+ and/or Certified Ethical Hacker Certified, Palo Alto Firewalls, WiFi (cisco preferred) experience, and some networking experience.
Our client in Wilmington, MA has a Temp to Hire opening for a Security Engineer
- Manage and lead technical projects and security initiatives globally and within the region
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design system security architecture and develop detailed security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Work as part of a global team to ensure global coverage of Information Security challenges
- Other duties as needed
- Proven working experience in building and maintaining security or network systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database, network and/or operating system security
- Security certifications: Certified Ethical Hacker, Security+, etc.
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, and content filtering.
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Understanding of current security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Willingness to complete further training and obtain industry certifications
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, plus 4-5 years experience in IT: networking, engineering or security.
2 North Market Street Suite 400
San Jose, CA 95113