Role: Security & Compliance Software Engineers
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA (Remote)
Duration: 12+ months
· The Security and Compliance Software Engineer - Advanced works for the Technology Security and Compliance organization of KP-IT.
· The Security and Compliance Software Engineer - Advanced must follow KP-IT’s project management and governance processes; work collaboratively with all KP-IT team members.
· Leads and Supervises Keeps abreast of hardware and software developments including theory and technique and uses this knowledge to initiate enhancements within the organization.
· Demonstrates leadership in time critical or complex technical problem resolution.
· Responsible for coordination of technical staffing resources for all software installation and maintenance.
· Participates on New Product Selection Team Participates in the evaluation of new products or modifications that will enhance operations and development activities.
· Assist with the definition of product evaluation scorecard and new product testing plans.
· Gathers, Analyzes and Identifies tasks, work effort estimates, and work schedules and provides this input to project manager.
· Responsible for managing requirements, designing, developing, implementing, and supporting enterprise application integration across multi-vendor platforms.
· Validates application’s ability to meet business, performance, integration, and scalability requirements for each project.
· Provides in-depth consulting to management and staff at the highest level in the identification and resolution of major problems.
· Provides guidance to Intermediate and Associate level staff. Generates alternatives, evaluates options and provides recommendations.
· Creates and Distributes Creates and distributes software requirements and software testing plan.
· Develops, distributes and enforces System Development Lifecycle, programming standards and change management.
· Design and Develops Designs data schema and meta-data attributes of various databases and data architectures.
· Defines the logic, performs the coding, tests and debugs system components.
· Develops specifications based on requirements and performs software development to meet functionality of final requirements.
· Develops troubleshooting policies, methodologies, and standards.
· Supervises technical aspect of all development and production activities
· Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on own program/ application/system.
· Acts as point of escalation for technical decisions and problems, and leads technical analyses for efficient program/ application solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements
· Majority of time is spent conducting same activities as Senior but at a higher technical level and with more responsibility for guiding and coaching other team members on work activities.
· Oversees all coding and work quality reviews.
· Provides guidance and oversees work of technical team
· Provides guidance and assistance to the staff in the installation and testing of new and existing operating system releases and in fine-tuning of existing systems software to provide optimal performance.
· Oversees configuration and installation and evaluates pilot projects and production systems.
· Reviews the design documents, project budgets, technical requirements, test plans, and DR plans.
· Minimum Requirements B.S. degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or other related field, or 6 or more years’ experience as a systems programmer.
· Significant and relevant technical experience meeting the job description may be substituted for degree requirements.
· Must Requirements 6 or more years related experience as software engineer.
· Web software development tools experience in areas such as Java, J2EE, .NET, XML Web Services.
· This engagement will focus on systems integration, accessing, storing and distributing domain data, creating data enrichment APIs, and developing supporting web interfaces.
· Core technologies will be Java, Spring Boot, Angular 2.0, rest services, graph database development and python.
· Linux knowledge as well as an understanding of core information security concepts and secure web development will be required.
· Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced agile work environment.
· End-to-end (design, development, testing, deployment) process knowledge is also a requirement of the candidate.
· CISSP is a definite plus