Job Title: Business Analyst(MDM/Data Governance) job Opportunity in Palo Alto, CA
Company: US Tech Solutions
JobTitle: Business Analyst(MDM/Data Governance
Location: Palo Alto, CA-94304
Duration: 3 Months Contract (Could go upto 12 months)
The MDM/Governance team within Information Innovation Center (IIC) is looking for an experienced, customer-oriented, business-focused, and analytically-driven Business Analyst for Information Governance. Our MDM/Governance team is located in Palo Alto with team members also in Bangalore (India) and Costa Rica. The Lead Business Analyst - Information Governance will interface with executives, middle managers, individual contributors and team members across the globe. This role is based in San Jose, Costa Rica and will report to the Sr. Director of Master Data Management and Information Governance in Palo Alto, California.
The Lead Business Analyst will primarily be responsible for working with key business stakeholders and IT teams to lead and deliver Information Governance initiatives to support client’s growing business with optimized systems/processes.
The role will be responsible for supporting global stakeholder departments and working with teammates in Information Innovation Center and MDM IT spread across different GEO’s such as Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific. Because the position requires interaction with geographically-disbursed teams, the Lead Business Analyst must be a self-starter with strong self-leadership, project / program management, and analytical skills and comfortable working with distributed teams without direct management oversight. He/she must be able to drive major programs and team members in collaboration with the Master Data Management and Governance leadership team on behalf of the stakeholder community. These accountabilities will be achieved through developing high trust relationships with internal and external customers, critical data analysis, attention to detail and a customer focus. Process development and optimization, as well as deliverables management will be a focus for the role. This person must be able to lead others through influence, without direct reporting authority.
Essential Functions (Tasks and Responsibilities):
- Lead Reference Data Management program with stakeholders from Information Governance community to develop Reference data code sets
- Work with IT to architect Reference master data hub that serves as a single source of truth for Reference data across VMware
- Lead Collibra enhancements road map to deliver incremental Collibra capabilities to manage Business metadata and data lineage
- Drive the usability and user experience of Collibra platform to accelerate user adoption and usage
- Design, manage and maintain meta model for Business metadata to describe Information assets, their ownership and lineage, and data quality expectations from consuming stakeholders
- Collaborate with global team members in IIC and IT to drive and deliver Governance team deliverables and capabilities as well as to drive continuous improvement
- Drive excellence and ensure continuous improvement in quality of deliverables; specifically, Business Requirements Documents, Business Processes, Governance Requirements, and User Acceptance Test Cases and Scenarios
- Help to drive improvement of business domain expertise in a) team knowledge of business stakeholder departments, and b) Information Governance as well as master data management (product and company, etc.)
- Define methods to measure and monitor policy adherence and data quality related to governance standards
- Coordinate with regional business partners to maintain business alignment (data as an enabler).
- Work with stakeholders, IT and the MDM team on Tier 1 projects to identify, define and gather approvals for governance needs
- Manage relationships with data steward resources within other teams to ensure:
o Governance related requests and deliverables are completed and provided in alignment with the plan
o Support and enforcement of data governance policies, standards and processes.
o Clear understanding of organizational requirements that are then managed in concert with MDM IT.
Interpersonal and Influence Skills
- Fluency in English and superior, clear, concise, effective verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills. Must have combination of excellent communication skills (including presentation skills) and Technical skills
- Ambitious team player, driven to succeed and achieve great things. Ability to succeed in emerging and evolving landscape.
- Proven informal / thought leader with demonstrated expertise in developing policies, business glossary and data standards to support business stakeholder groups’ success. A thought partner to stakeholders and for the team
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading, consulting, and persuading within complex organizations requiring strong influence skills