Title: Data Center/Systems Administrator – II
Location: Plano, TX
Duration: 12 Months
Security Operations Center Analyst Role - McAfee
The primary purpose of the Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst position is to help detect, analyze, coordinate, resolve, and report on cybersecurity incidents impacting McAfee, Inc. This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations, which may necessitate extended hours of work.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for working in a 24x7 SOC environment.
• Provide analysis and trending of security data from a large number of heterogeneous security and non-security devices.
• Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
• Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
• Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
• GCIA, GCIH, or other related certifications strongly preferred (must be current)
• CISSP certification preferred (must be current)
• 2-4 years' experience as a Security / Network Administrator or equivalent knowledge
• Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems, endpoint protection systems, etc.)
• Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications, TCP/IP protocols, network analysis, and network / security applications
• Experience in large, heterogeneous enterprise environments
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
• Network Certification (for example: CCNA, etc.)
• System Administrator / Engineer certification (for example: MCSA, MCSE, RHCE)
Personal and Professional Qualities
The successful candidate will possess the personality traits, work habits, communication, and social skills necessary to work effectively within a dynamic and highly operational enterprise environment. The successful candidate will have exemplary personal and professional integrity and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
Astick Venkata Challa,
Bellevue, WA, 98004, United States