Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 6+ months
US Citizens/GCs/GC-EADs only
Pay Rate: $40 to $45 (Hourly/W2)
- Role is to answer customer inquiries related to security and trust in RFPs and RFIs, and to review contract language to confirm it is consistent with policy related to security and trust.
- Customer requests typically come from Legal and Sales, but can come from other internal groups as well.
- The most common requests involve RFPs / RFIs, security questionnaires, contract reviews, and customer audits of security practices.
- Potential areas include, but are not limited to, information security policies, asset management, access control, cryptography, physical security, supply chain security, security audits, business continuity management, and compliance to standards, government regulations, and contract terms (Global, ISO 27K, SSAE 16, EU DPA, HIPAA, etc.).
- The position will also include collaborating with subject matter experts to verify answers for new questions in the growing area of trust and compliance.
- Experience with security policy
- Basic understanding of information security concepts and information assurance controls
- Strong program management and time management skills
- Strong research, investigation, interview and writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers, peers and management
Role & Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer requests related to security and trust, with focus on timeliness and accuracy.
- Provide responses based on existing knowledgebase or, if answer is unknown, work with relevant subject matter expert to identify vetted answer.
- Ensure that answers are relevant, accurate, complete and customer appropriate.
- Prioritize requests, as needed, while maintaining customer satisfaction; reach out to manager and team for help, as needed.
- Review knowledgebase, and update as appropriate
- Identify and escalate potential risk issues, as appropriate
- Contribute to refining team processes, as needed.
- Understanding of information security compliance, audit, and risk management principles and standards as related to information technology, security and resiliency (ISO, EU DPA, etc.) and their legal implications
- Articulate and persuasive achiever who is able to discuss security concepts with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- PMP or equivalent experience desired
- Understanding of customer careabouts related to Cloud Security and Data Protection & Privacy is preferred
- Understanding of Cisco product and services is preferred
- Previous experience answering security / risk compliance questionnaires, ideally at a large technology company, strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area and at least 3 years’ experience in Information Security or related field
P. +1.703.373.7330 | Ext. 254
E. firstname.lastname@example.org | W. http://etalentnetwork.com/