Client's information security team is looking for a candidate who will assist with the design, implementation, security and ongoing support of the cyber security tools and processes within their Information Security Team. This position will work directly with teams inside and outside of IS as part of our overarching data security strategy initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a passion for cybersecurity, system monitoring and analysis, and developing/automating creative solutions. As a Security Engineer, you will be expected to be skilled at identifying security gaps in infrastructure and process, effectively execute projects/initiatives to address them, demonstrate excellent judgment, prioritization and communication of technical security risks, and act as a security liaison supporting business units.
Key Responsibilities may include:
* Good understanding of network LAN / WAN Concepts like TCP/IP, STP, VLAN, Inter VLAN Routing, NAT, PAT, Access Lists (ACL)
* Proficient in designing the network architecture for any tool that requires a distributed deployment
* Good understanding of Packet capturing and Network Aggregation Technologies (TAPs) such as Arista, Gigamon etc
* Good understanding of Packet capturing, filtering and analysis at the network and endpoint level
* Good knowledge on data center and corporate network topology models such as leaf-spine, hub-spoke etc..
* Provide technical inputs, evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
* Defines security configurations for threat detection and prevention tools
* Designs automated workflows to streamline security operations
* Monitors and proactively manages supported products and services to assure their performance, availability, security, and capacity.
* Researches, analyzes, and formulates recommendations regarding technologies, products, and solutions to fulfill requirements within the enterprise.
* Security tool administration and support (Network/Endpoint/Threat Hunting/Investigations)
* Tool deployment and implementation experience on a global scale
* Knowledge of system and network architecture and interrelationships (technical and functional).
* Designs, implements, configures, and manages solutions within the supported Linux technologies, products, and services.
* Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for operational tasks, which leverage available resources and simplify operational overhead.
Job Requirements Basic Qualifications:
* Minimum 4-6 years of experience in Security Administration Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Network Administration
* Must be well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude
* Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve issues independently
* Knowledge of project management tasks, experience creating application documentation, and demonstrated ability to train other team members.
* Manage maintenance, enhancements and upgrades for supported security systems using standard project methodology
* Scripting knowledge is a plus (python, shell)
* Bachelors Degree preferred
* Preference for at least one current recognized security professional certification such as CISSP, GIAC
* Experience in working in a highly dynamic large scale enterprise
* Knowledge of security vendors and security product capabilities.
Professional Skill Requirements:
* Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
* Ability to successfully pass a client background screening if required
* Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
* Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work with multiple teams in a fast paced environment
Imma Patino | Staffing Consultant | Ryzen Solutions
Phone: 408-993-1282 Ext.348
Address: 75 East Santa Clara Street, Suite 1150
San Jose, CA 95113