Information Security Engineer position in California for 6+ months contract to hire role
- Good understanding of network LAN / WAN Concepts like TCP/IP, STP, VLAN, Inter VLAN Routing, NAT, PAT, Access Lists (ACL)
- Proficient in designing the network architecture for any tool that requires a distributed deployment
- Good understanding of Packet capturing and Network Aggregation Technologies (TAPs) such as Arista, Gigaton etc
- Good understanding of Packet capturing, filtering and analysis at the network and endpoint level
- Good knowledge on data center and corporate network topology models such as leaf-spine, hub-spoke etc.
- Provide technical inputs, evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- Defines security configurations for threat detection and prevention tools
- Designs automated workflows to streamline security operations
- Monitors and proactively manages supported products and services to assure their performance, availability, security, and capacity.
- Researches, analyzes, and formulates recommendations regarding technologies, products, and solutions to fulfill requirements within the enterprise.
- Security tool administration and support (Network/Endpoint/Threat Hunting/Investigations)
- Tool deployment and implementation experience on a global scale
- Knowledge of system and network architecture and interrelationships (technical and functional).
- Designs, implements, configures, and manages solutions within the supported Linux technologies, products, and services.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for operational tasks, which leverage available resources and simplify operational overhead.