Job Title: Engineer Staff, Mechanical (7715958) (7715955)
Location: Milpitas , CA.
Duration: 9+ Months
Staff Mechanical Design Engineer to work in a fast paced development environment. The candidate should have strong technical skills in order to drive product development to volume production. The Engineer is a vital player developing and productizing Lumentum’s laser technologies to meet large OEM customer specifications for laser based commercial products.
• Product or tooling component and system level design, analysis, validation and troubleshooting.
• Development of lab validation systems for component and module bring-up and test.
• Writing documentation for designing, building, testing and reworking systems.
• Assembly of Lumentum laser based systems and use of lab equipment to troubleshoot and validate system, subsystem and component functionality.
• Conceptualize design layout, package prototyping, fixture/tooling design, development of mechanical attachment methods/tools for optimal optical alignment.
• Material selection/specifications, as applied to soldering, welding, ceramics, epoxy, fibers and components, high vacuum and ultra-clean environments.
• Lead mechanical design of complex laser systems (e.g. mechanical/thermal/structural/
component issues) from design through qualification phase.
• Develop tooling/fixtures/equipment for manual and semi-automated assembly and process development. Lead internal and cross-functional tooling design reviews.
• DFX (Assembly, Test, Serviceability, etc.)
• Work within or lead cross-functional teams to develop Lumentum products and tools for laser production.
• Management of development partners and related outside services.
• Development and continuous improvement of ME design & support process best practices.
• As needed special projects.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering with 8+ years of mechanical design and analysis of electro-mechanical products.
• Must be driven to design and build hardware in a rapid fashion while rigorously applying mechanical engineering mathematics and best practices.
• Mastery of CAD tools for 3D design, modeling and 2D drawing creation (SolidWorks & Ansys preferred).
• Ability to travel as needed for vendor evaluation and bring up domestically & internationally.
• Working knowledge of various production processes including injection molding, die-casting, extruding, sheet metal stamping & forming, machining, painting, powder coating, plating and conversion coating.
• High level of integrity, work ethic, responsiveness and commitment to continuous improvement.
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
• Excellent knowledge of materials selection & specification, as applied to metal or plastic fabrication, soldering, welding, bonding for high vacuum and ultra-clean environments.
• Can do attitude with presence, the ability to inspire and the ability to lead.
• Strong mechanical design and modeling skills with a strong understanding of general mechanical design practices, particularly design for manufacturability and precision tolerances.
• Strong analytical skills, judgment and problem solving ability.
• Team player with the interpersonal skill and personality inclination to work with and/or manage other team members.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative in difficult situations.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience working with domestic and off-shore CMs, OEMs, design partners and customers.
• Excellent communication, creative problem solving and solid project management skills.
• Drive to design and build hardware in rapid fashion while rigorously applying mechanical engineering mathematics and best practices.
• Understanding of the product commercialization process.
• Additional Desired Experience • MS in Mechanical Engineering. • BS in Optical Engineering. • BS or minor in Fluid Mechanics • Opto-mechanical design for commercial laser products and assemblies. • Manufacturing experience/exposure. • Design of molded plastic parts. • Thermal and structural analysis using Finite Element Analysis (ANSYS preferred), including design and tolerance analysis. • Familiarity with fiber optics.
Sr.Technical Recruiter (Dew Software Inc.)
|Fax : (510)743-4106 |
|Skype ID : dipakpanchal-dk |
|E-mail: email@example.com |
|Web : www.dewsoftware.com |
|Linkedin : hhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/