Position Title: Security Engineer
Position Number: 270740
Location: San Francisco, CA
Desired Skill Set:
CISSP, Cloud, Identity Access Management, Security, Vulnerability
Location: San Francisco, CA 94103
Duration: 8 months
The Security Systems Engineer is responsible for safeguarding information system assets by identifying and solving security problems. This position will work with IT, Security, and other Engineering staff to implement and maintain Security infrastructure that meets company and regulatory compliance initiatives. The Security Systems Engineer will also serve as a technical Operations Security expert and support other Operations Security resources in their tasks.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Secures information by planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing and updating security procedures; mentoring team members.
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements; recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
- Identifies security violations, deficiencies, and inefficiencies through periodic audits and regular monitoring. Ensures authorized access by investigating improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests by new programs; recommending improvements.
- Builds and upgrades systems to implement, and maintain, security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Establishes system access by issuing IDs; coaching client on password construction and usage.
- Analyzes access by utilizing logs, termination and transfer tickets, automated ID status reports, user ID validation, and user behavior analytics to summarize access trends and find anomalies.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- B.S. degree in Security, Engineering, or Computer Science, related field, or experience
- 3+ years experience in IT/Operations Security, Network Security, or Computer Systems
- Relevant and verifiably current IT / cyber security certification is desired, such as GIAC, CISSP, CISM, Security+, CEH, etc.
- Network and/or Infrastructure Security
- Cloud Security
- Vulnerability Management
- Incident Response
- Identity and Access Management
Ashish Singh Bartwal
Phone: (636) 812-4000, Ext.: 6817 | Fax: (636) 812-0078