Location: Northbrook, IL
Rate: Dependent on experience
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Level I Analyst is responsible for monitoring multiple security technologies using the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool to detect IT security incidents. The analyst will follow detailed operational process and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
- Monitor SIEM and related technologies to triage security events
- Correlate and analyze events using the SIEM
- Follow detailed operational process and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
- 1-2 years of information security related experience, in areas such as: security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, and vulnerability management or testing, system patching, log analysis, intrusion detection, or firewall administration.
- 1-2 years experience of one of the following:
- Network operations or engineering
- System administration on Unix, Linux, or Windows
- Understanding of the OSI 7-layer model
- Knowledge of network and host security technologies and products (such as firewalls, Network IDS, scanners) and continuously improve these skills
- Knowledge of real-time monitoring aspects of enterprise security to determine a clear visual picture of the security posture